Reminder: UX book club on tomorrow night! (Tuesday 16 August)

UX Bookclub

Aug 15, 2022, 6:54:39 AM8/15/22
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just a reminder that tomorrow night we have UX book club at SafteyCulture's office.

Door opens from 6pm. Come join for some nibbles and drinks.

No worries if your ambitions to read the book were not realised. Come join in the conversation regardless.

Please remember to cancel your order if your plans have changed and you can no longer make it ... so we cater appropriately and I don't have to eat pizza for the rest of the week!

Cheers,
Duncan, Eoin and Ed.

Timothy Martin

Aug 18, 2022, 10:30:50 PM8/18/22
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I really enjoyed Tuesday's UX Book Club. What a great book!

I have these two books on my shelf which I have dipped my toes into:
Machines Behaving Badly: The Morality of AI
Similar to User Friendly it delves into some interesting case studies

The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses
There is a lot we can learn as UXers and Product Designers from game design – variable rewards, flow state, monetisation, tutorials, visible progress etc
It's an old book, but worth consideration

Looking forward to the next UX Book Club!