UX Book Club Sydney – 17 March 2020 – Designing with the Mind in Mind

UX Bookclub

Mar 10, 2020, 6:45:08 AM3/10/20
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Just one week to go for the first UX Book Club meeting of 2020. I hope you're all keeping it together in these crazy times!

Tim here – we have a few extra caretakers of the Book Club now. In case you missed it, Ivy and Mike are handing over the reins so they can focus on becoming parents! Congrats and thanks so much for the tremendous job you have both done managing UX Book Club :D

To help out, there will also be Angela Liu, Ronald Tong and Duncan Heuer. We have yet to track down a sponsor and permanent venue. In the meantime, meetings will be at The Captain's Balcony on the top floor:

How are you going with Design With the Mind in Mind? Confession, I'm only 50% of the way through. It's been really interesting reading about the physiological reasons behind why we have such narrow fields of (focused) vision and poor short term memories & attention spans. I'm hoping to finish it off this weekend.

Don't worry if you haven't finished, or even read it at all. You can find a summary here:

If you have not got your ticket yet, you can do so here:

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Tim Martin

UX Bookclub

Mar 14, 2020, 4:00:24 PM3/14/20
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi book clubbers,

Just a heads up that we are canceling Tuesday's meetup. If you had tickets, you will see an email about the cancellation.

As more information comes out about the novel coronavirus, it seems like the best thing to do now is to avoid unnecessary outings and stay safe. A few companies are encouraging their employees to work from home and you'll likely see other events being cancelled (if you haven't already).

Please look out for yourselves! We'll be keeping an eye on the news and looking for our next chance to get together.

Best,
Mike and the UXBC organisers