The results are in – our next book is The Tipping Point, How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, by Malcolm Gladwell

UX Bookclub

May 27, 2020, 8:15:56 PM5/27/20
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The results are in – our next book is The Tipping Point, How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, by Malcolm Gladwell. See the attached image for a breakdown of results.

image.png

I just got mine in the mail (I had a hunch this would be the pick). I am really excited about this book. I had a quick flick through this morning and read an interesting snippet on research done in the 70s on how toddlers divide their attention when looking at a TV screen. There's a wealth of interesting information in there.

A quick blurb:

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

by Malcolm Gladwell

The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. Just as a single sick person can start an epidemic of the flu, so too can a small but precisely targeted push cause a fashion trend, the popularity of a new product, or a drop in the crime rate. This widely acclaimed bestseller, in which Malcolm Gladwell explores and brilliantly illuminates the tipping point phenomenon, is already changing the way people throughout the world think about selling products and disseminating ideas.

Get it here:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2612.The_Tipping_Point?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=gEmVBBtbg0&rank=1

Date: 21st July 2020

Unless there is a clash with another significant UX event, then this will be the date. This will be a Zoom meeting again. I'm looking forward to discussing the book with you all.

Kind Regards

Tim Martin

kebria sabouri

May 27, 2020, 10:08:15 PM5/27/20
to ux-book-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim

Thanks for the email. I've picked this book too, I'll be ready for my first time in the club.

Thanks,

Kebria