Fwd: NARC: 5/24 - Firedrake Tutorial

Robert Baraldi

May 23, 2018, 7:56:04 PM5/23/18
to uwn...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow in NARC (at 1:30 in the Wan Conference Room, Lewis 208), Daniel Shapero and Bobby Baraldi will be giving an informal tutorial on Firedrake, an automated system for finding the solution of PDE's with finite element methods using Unified Form Language (UFL).

They'll go over some basic FEM theory and then a couple examples in firedrake with jupyter notebooks. We will try to have firedrake on the Amath server doppio so installation bugs can be dealt with at a later time.