October 11 at NARC: Shell tips and tricks

Andreas Freund

Oct 9, 2018, 4:00:45 PM10/9/18
to na...@uw.edu, NARC, amath-stud...@uw.edu
Hi everyone,

At the Numerical Analysis Research Club (NARC) this week, I'll be talking a bit about command-line shell tips and tricks. A shell is a program that acts as an interface with your operating system. We'll be focusing on Bash, the default shell for macOS and most Linux distributions. If you've ever used the department servers, you've used Bash, but you might not know how to take advantage of some of its features such as wildcards, piping, and scripting. Feel free to email me with specific topics or tasks that you'd like me to cover.

NARC meets at 1:30pm on Thursdays in Lewis 208. Snacks provided!

If you'd like to continue receiving all future NARC announcements, please sign up for our mailing list:

See you Thursday,
Andreas