Piano in Union Concourse

Dave Rasmussen

Jan 10, 2003, 4:14:29 PM1/10/03

My thanks to the Union staff for the idea of putting a piano out on the
concourse for people to play. I hope it gets treated well.

I have decided to play one tune I know every time I walk in on the way
to work and figure I can do this for maybe another week before I run
out of things to play from memory or get boo-ted out. ;-)

Adam Leinss

Jan 11, 2003, 12:26:37 PM1/11/03
da...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Dave Rasmussen) wrote in

> My thanks to the Union staff for the idea of putting a piano out
> on the concourse for people to play. I hope it gets treated well.

Seeing how the furniture and bathroom fixtures are treated in the
library, that's very doubtful. ;)

Adam
not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Emma Goldwoman

Jan 16, 2003, 9:16:00 AM1/16/03
da...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Dave Rasmussen) wrote in message news:<avnd3l$g9p$1...@uwm.edu>...

> My thanks to the Union staff for the idea of putting a piano out on the
> concourse for people to play. I hope it gets treated well.

Me too.

Just what part of the Union is considered "the concourse"? Or
does one follow the music if the piano happens to be in use?

D. Patnode

Jan 16, 2003, 9:27:21 AM1/16/03
From article <6325640b.03011...@posting.google.com>, by huma...@juno.com (Emma Goldwoman):

The concourse would be the large open area on the ground floor (not to be
confused with the first floor) which you enter from Kenwood Blvd. It is
open all the way up to the top floor.

Dan

Carol Lee Smith

Jan 16, 2003, 4:56:34 PM1/16/03
On 16 Jan 2003, D. Patnode wrote:

> The concourse would be the large open area on the ground floor (not to be
> confused with the first floor) which you enter from Kenwood Blvd. It is
> open all the way up to the top floor.

The third floor is the "top" floor, no?

The third floor is not open to the ground floor.

Dave Rasmussen

Jan 16, 2003, 5:49:17 PM1/16/03
From article <Pine.OSF.3.96.103011...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>, by Carol Lee Smith <hu...@csd.uwm.edu>:

The 2nd and third floors of the concourse, which are actually the
building's 1st and 2nd floors, are available to birds and
whomever can levitate.

Chris Hota

Oct 8, 2016, 3:54:23 PM10/8/16
Just wanted to report that years later, this came up on my post-Austin adventuring in Wisconsin. After having many, may DIY-ethic house shows in my and other living rooms during my 20s in Arkansas, I was just tickled to be walking in the Union sometime in 2013-2014 and heard a rendition of a familiar Matt & Kim song... one of those bands that was slated to play in my living room, drew too much of a crowd (250+ people) with the Mathematicians, causing their show to be moved to a house on the other side of the neighborhood. Brought a smile, then a tear to my eye... then TEDMOND walked in to my life again. :)