Join the WPIRG Internet Collective: Oct 12

Paul Nijjar

Oct 10, 2006, 1:50:09 PM10/10/06

(I hope I am not cross-posting too much, or to too many off-topic
groups.)

Hey! Join the Internet Collective!

The WPIRG Internet Collective is an intrepid group of people who
support and develop the many computer-based resources in the office
and on the Web.

Some of the cooler things we have planned for this term include:
- Adding iCal/RSS feeds, weekly mailouts, and maybe tagging to
communityevents.ca, our PHP-based events calendar that serves over
70 organizations.
- Getting our library software working and on the Web, so the world
can browse through WPIRG's amazing collection of books and videos.
- Gathering content for and developing the structure of wpirg.org,
which got a much-needed facelift over the summer.
- Organizing and maintaining our in-office, MacOS based computer
network.
- Teaching our fellow volunteers and activists how to use our
powerful desktop publishing and graphics software.

Joining the Internet Collective is a great way to meet like-minded
techies, to develop your computer skills in a friendly environment, and to
play with assorted computer toys.

You don't need to be a computer genius to join (but computer geniuses are
welcome) All you need is a willingness to learn and help out, and some
time to contribute to the cause -- even three or four hours this term
could be a big help.

We'll have an introductory meeting on Thursday, Oct 12 at 4:30pm, in the
WPIRG office, SLC 2139.

Interested? Need more information? Can't make the meeting? Contact me at
pni...@utm.utoronto.ca and say hi!

- Paul