File system disappearance

J Rodgers

Aug 22, 2003, 9:02:04 AM8/22/03
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of an iBook loosing its file system
while turned off with nothing physically wrong with the HD?

A certain off-campus mac authorized dealer claims this is possible.

Jesse

Ryan M Bayne

Aug 22, 2003, 9:56:27 PM8/22/03
In article <BB6B8C8C.BB48%jrod...@nospamuwaterloo.ca>,

I assume we're not talking about an original rev A iBook running Mac OS
8.6 (or maybe 9) that had the "Save Memory to Disk on Sleep" feature
enabled? I know I lost a bunch of data during the early days of my
tangerine iBook, but they disabled that feature and it's been fine ever
since.

J Rodgers

Aug 25, 2003, 10:28:12 AM8/25/03
On 8/22/03 9:56 PM, in article bi6hkb$n1b$1...@tabloid.uwaterloo.ca, "Ryan M
Bayne" <rmb...@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

>> Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of an iBook loosing its file system
>> while turned off with nothing physically wrong with the HD?
>>
>> A certain off-campus mac authorized dealer claims this is possible.
>
> I assume we're not talking about an original rev A iBook running Mac OS
> 8.6 (or maybe 9) that had the "Save Memory to Disk on Sleep" feature
> enabled? I know I lost a bunch of data during the early days of my
> tangerine iBook, but they disabled that feature and it's been fine ever
> since.

Nope, talking about a 3 month old 14inch iBook with OS X.2... My guess is
that they grabbed the wrong machine and wiped it.. Just a guess, but we will
never know.

The machine works fine now after the OS was put back on it.. Its magic.

Jesse