Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (7B85) Disc Images

John Green

Oct 5, 2003, 10:39:55 PM10/5/03
I have all three Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (7B85) CDs in .dmg format. This
is the golden master build that will be on store shelves in a month or so.

My iBook doesn't have a cd-burner, and I was hoping some gratious mac
user on campus might lend me the use of their burner to make these discs.

Please let me know if you're game. j4g...@uwaterloo.ca

Thanks,
John

PS - I am a big Apple supporter and will definitely buy panther the day
its available.

macphreak

Oct 10, 2003, 6:59:45 PM10/10/03
I've been having tourble installing 10.3 7b85 on my powerbook 867mhz.
When I try to boot from the cd it starts to load with the gray apple
screen then says the coputer must be restarted now. hold down the poer
button for a few seconds then turn the computer back on.

If I force setup to show the details I see that the kernel for the
installer panics then reloads and panics again and states "panic: we
are halting here..."

What should I do????