IOI Rules, Demo Tasks, Programming/Test Environment

gvc

Jul 1, 2010, 8:30:04 AM7/1/10
IOI 2010 has posted the draft competition rules, along with three
simple demonstration tasks, with starter files and a development tool
called RunC. (RunC is optional but convenient; one can always use gcc/g
++/fpc.)

http://www.ioi2010.org/rules.shtml
http://www.ioi2010.org/Environment.shtml
http://www.ioi2010.org/SampleTask.shtml

Readers familiar with past IOIs will notice a few differences:

1. There will be an on-line scoreboard, with provisional scores. The
IOI embargo on releasing scores has been waived for one year. We'll
publish details of where it'll be in advance. There may be commentary
as well, but nothing official.

2. Several of the tasks will be "playable at home" using a web
interface. Non-programmers and programmers can play while waiting
for the scoreboard to change.

3. All tasks will implement an interface, and will not read and write
files or standard I/O. A sample driver will be supplied for each task.

4. Contestants will be able to view their score for a limited number
of submissions (perhaps 5) per task. But they won't be able to see the
scoreboard. And they'll be able to submit as many times as they like,
and the submissions will count whether or not they view the results.

Please feel free to try out the demo tasks, and let us know what you
think.