About provided solution to sample task Guess

Tsuyoshi Ito

Jul 1, 2010, 10:34:41 AM7/1/10
Dear IOI 2010 Organizers,

My name is Tsuyoshi Ito, and I will participate in IOI 2010 as one of
the observers in Japan delegation to translate some of the tasks into
Japanese.

Thank you for updated information about rules and environment. I have
found a small glitch in the prototype information folder for the
sample task Guess at
http://www.ioi2010.org/sampletask/guess.zip

The provided solution (player.c, player.cpp, player.pas) is supposed
to solve the subtask 1 correctly, but it returns 1 when the correct
answer is 2. The file grader.expect.2 in the archive is also
incorrect (in a way consistent with the programs).

Please check it and correct the files if necessary. Thank you in
advance.

Best regards,
Tsuyoshi

Tsuyoshi Ito
Institute for Quantum Computing and School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo

gvc

Jul 1, 2010, 11:18:15 AM7/1/10
On Jul 1, 10:34 am, Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuyo...@iqc.ca> wrote:
> Dear IOI 2010 Organizers,
>
> My name is Tsuyoshi Ito, and I will participate in IOI 2010 as one of
> the observers in Japan delegation to translate some of the tasks into
> Japanese.
>
> Thank you for updated information about rules and environment.  I have
> found a small glitch in the prototype information folder for the
> sample task Guess athttp://www.ioi2010.org/sampletask/guess.zip

> The provided solution (player.c, player.cpp, player.pas) is supposed
> to solve the subtask 1 correctly, but it returns 1 when the correct
> answer is 2.  The file grader.expect.2 in the archive is also
> incorrect (in a way consistent with the programs).
>
> Please check it and correct the files if necessary.  Thank you in
> advance.
>
> Best regards,
>   Tsuyoshi
>
>   Tsuyoshi Ito
>   Institute for Quantum Computing and School of Computer Science
>   University of Waterloo

Thank-you very much for pointing this out! We'll fix this as soon as
possible.

gvc

Jul 1, 2010, 9:21:06 PM7/1/10
This, and a couple of typos in the tasks, have been fixed on the
official ioi site.

Thanks for bringing these to my attention.

gvc

Jul 2, 2010, 9:08:37 AM7/2/10

Apparently, "guess.zip" didn't get updated, so it is still broken.
Sorry. We're working on it ...