two bugs in our_euchre

1 view

Dean

Jun 27, 2009, 10:22:48 PM6/27/09
I'm using the Solaris our_euchre and I'm getting two annoying bugs:

1. when I try to play a card I don't have, the program just quits.

example:

HumanPlayer 3 (10S,KD,QC,9D,10H) > play 10C
cpu08:~/cs246/4>

2. when I type a command that isn't currently valid, I get the correct
message saying "Command is not currently valid." but the prompt
doesn't appear again.

example:

The top card on the kitty is: KS
HumanPlayer 2 (QH,10D,9C,JC,10C) > deal
Command is not currently valid.
deal
Command is not currently valid.
pass
Player 2 passes

Message has been deleted

Dean

Jun 28, 2009, 12:57:28 AM6/28/09
On Jun 28, 12:42 am, Roy <rspur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3.
> Player 1: Human (H) or Computer (C)?
> Computer player 1 (1) or 2 (2)?
> 1
> Player 2: Human (H) or Computer (C)?
> Computer player 1 (1) or 2 (2)?      <---- should be "Computer player
> 2 (1) or 2 (2)?"

I *think* what the 1 and 2 means is "computer player level 1" or
"computer player level 2".
but i haven't read past step 2 yet so I'm not sure, thats just my
unknowledgable interpretation

Roy

Jun 28, 2009, 1:33:29 AM6/28/09

yeah, come to think about it, you're right. mb!

Caroline Kierstead

Jun 30, 2009, 11:32:30 AM6/30/09
In article <f2a3df72-08b4-4a95...@x17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

Dean <daat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I'm using the Solaris our_euchre and I'm getting two annoying bugs:
>
>1. when I try to play a card I don't have, the program just quits.
>
>example:
>
>HumanPlayer 3 (10S,KD,QC,9D,10H) > play 10C
>cpu08:~/cs246/4>

Yup. Remember, by A5 you can't do this, so there's no error checking for it.

>2. when I type a command that isn't currently valid, I get the correct
>message saying "Command is not currently valid." but the prompt
>doesn't appear again.

Fixed. Announcements and errata updated.
Caroline Kierstead, Undergraduate Operations Coordinator
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo, DC3122 (519) 888-4567 x36226