Re: HW4 can't download sws

1 view

William Stein

Feb 18, 2012, 1:10:38 AM2/18/12
to Zachary Folwick, uw-sag...@googlegroups.com, Jason Grout, Mike Hansen
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 7:43 PM, a student wrote:
> I've completed HW 4 and I've been trying to download but I get  Error 6
> (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.
>
> Saving to file brings:  HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An
> unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to
> fulfill the request.
>
> I'm completed with the HW, but can't turn it in!

There is a workaround that should allow you to download your homework.

Click "File... --> Copy Worksheet", then download the copy of the
worksheet that you get.

P.S. This is indeed a genuine bug in the notebook server. The server log shows:

---------------
File "/sagenb/sage_install/sage-4.8-sage.math.washington.edu-x86_64-
Linux/devel/sagenb-git/sagenb/storage/filesystem_storage.py", line
464, in export_worksheet
f.write(old_heading + g.read())
exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte
0xc2 in position 184: ordinal not in range(128)

-- William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics