Jury Duty, Office Hours

William Stein

Mar 1, 2012, 3:38:50 PM3/1/12
to uw-sag...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Crazy -- I'm a juror!

Quick summary: no class on Monday; some projects won't present. No worries.

1. However, the trial ended for *today*, so I will *still* have office
hours today (Thursday) from
about 1:15pm until 4:00pm. Just come by and see me at Padelford C423
then about your projects, etc.

2. There is no court on Friday, so we will have class as usual on
Friday (tomorrow), about 3d graphics.

3. There is court on Monday, and the trial I'm on will likely take all
day, but finish on Monday. I'm going to take the simplest way out
and cancel class on Monday. This means we will only have
presentations on Wednesday and Friday next week.

4. Presentations don't count at all either way for your final course
grade. I have you do them because they are fun and interesting.
Because we only have two days for the presentations, some groups won't
get to present. If you would *not* like to present for any reason
(you just don't like public speaking, etc.), please send me an email
-- if a few people volunteer, then everybody who wants to present will
get to. Also, if you really do want to present, let me know too.

Best regards,

William (wst...@gmail.com)

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics

Starx

Mar 1, 2012, 3:47:22 PM3/1/12
to uw-sag...@googlegroups.com
I think the only thing I could do in 5 minutes that would be
intelligible to more then Gautam, Me, and Chris would be to explain
what a quiver algebra is. I'd certainly be happy to do that, but I
wouldn't be upset if I didn't. So I leave it up to you, if you need
volunteers to not present I can be one of them, but if you think a
presentation about what a quiver algebra is would be interesting I
could do that.

-Jim

--
Die Dunkelheit... leitet die Musik.