Number Theory and Computation Seminar

1 view

Dan Shumow

Oct 20, 2008, 5:27:18 PM10/20/08
to shu...@gmail.com, William Stein
Number Theory and Computation Seminar
Time:  2:30p - 4:30p Fridays
Location:  213 Denny Hall
Webpage: http://wiki.wstein.org/NTaC/

This quarter we are combining the Number Theory, Sage, and Cryptography Seminars.  This will be in the form of a two hour seminar each Friday in Denny Hall.  Each Seminar will consist of two talks.  We will try to balance the talks so that one will be more about sage/computation/cryptography and the other more purely number theoretic.

This week the two talks will be:
  • 2:30-3:30: William Stein - A Bird's Eye View of Number Theory Functionality in Sage
  • 3:30-4:30: Koopa - Iwasawa Invariants for Lambda-adic Representations

Please contact me if you are interested in talking or have questions about the seminar.

Thanks,
Dan Shumow