Re: Crypto seminar abstract

William Stein

Oct 23, 2007, 8:52:54 PM10/23/07
to uw-c...@groups.google.com, uw-...@groups.google.com, sag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Crypto Seminar,

The next UW math cryptograph seminar will be tomorrow (Wednesday,
October 24) at 4:40pm in Communications B027. The speaker is Robert
Bradshaw.

Title: A Mathematician's introduction to Alice and Bob.

Abstract:
In this talk I will present the some of the terminology, scenarios,
and conventions used in cryptography. I will also discuss some of the
commonly used tools and algorithms, such as RSA, ElGamal, Elliptic
Curve Crypto, Diffie-Hellman, DES, and AES, and others. There will be
no assumption of any crypto background, indeed this talk is intended
to be a prelude summarizing the basic context for future talks.