Poster Session *Friday* 2-4pm

Carlos Guestrin

Mar 8, 2013, 8:36:39 PM3/8/13
to uw-big-data-class
Hi everyone,

The poster session to present your projects will be on *Friday* March 15th (this gives everyone an extra day), 2-4pm in the Atrium of the Allen Center (CSE).  We expect everyone to be there for the whole time, so we can see your work, you can see each others work and other people at UW can also see the great things you have done.

A few more details:
- Please arrive 15mins early to set up.
- We will provide easels, pins, and posterboards sized 32x40.
- You can print a poster, or a set of letter-sized sheets presenting your work.
- Make sure your poster prominently displays the title and team members.
- We will also provide each group with a project number.  Please display that number prominently in your poster, so we can make sure we see everyone.
- During the poster session at least two people in the instructors team (out of the 4) will see your project, please let us know if that doesn't happen.
- Given the large number of projects, we cannot spend a lot of time in each poster.  Please prepare a *3 minute* spiel on your project for the instructors.  Think about it as a poster spotlight at a conference (3 minutes + questions).

Let us know if you have any other questions.  We are looking forward to an awesome poster session!

Emily & Carlos

Xin Chen

Mar 9, 2013, 5:58:00 PM3/9/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Is the size of posterboards height x width or vwidth x height?

Emily Fox

Mar 9, 2013, 6:03:59 PM3/9/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Either way is fine.

Sent from my iPhone

Julie Michelman

Mar 9, 2013, 6:50:56 PM3/9/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
What should we do about conflicts with other classes during this time?

Lucas Petrucci

Mar 11, 2013, 1:22:50 AM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Would it be at all possible for us to use the final slot allocated for this class (Monday the 18th at 10:30) instead? Some classes give finals during the week before finals week, and this time might not work with them. I'm not sure if anyone else has a problem, but my partner will be unable to attend the full poster session because he has a final on Friday.

Emily Fox

Mar 11, 2013, 1:36:06 AM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
This poster session is going to be open to faculty and possibly people from industry as well.  This time works the best given a large number of constraints that we have been working with (seminars, classes, etc.)

If you have a conflict with the time of the poster session, please email the staff list (cse599c...@cs.washington.edu) detailing the exact conflict and time constraints.

Best,
Emily