homework 4.2 c) W matrix in the ncut_run.m

Xinwei Liu

Mar 11, 2013, 9:30:02 PM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi, can I ask really quick what is exactly W matrix representing in the ncut_run.m file, or why is it is V*transpose(V)
If it is the similarity matrix, should I assumed that the diagonal of W should be all zeros?

Also may I ask should I expect that the eigenvalues got by Ncut.m should be all non-negative?

Thank you very much!

Haijie Gu

Mar 11, 2013, 10:54:41 PM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
W is the similarity matrix with W_{ij} = V^{i} \cdot V^{j}. So the
diagonal elements are non-zero.
The eigenvalues returned from Ncut should be non-negative.

-jay