Obtaining Graphchi_vertex By Vertex.id

erzhuo wang

Mar 12, 2013, 1:51:53 AM3/12/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Anyone knows given the vertex id, how I can get the vertex data?
For example at each update procedure, I know the current the vertex and the edges connected to this vertex. Then how I can retrieve the data stored in the vertices on the other end of these edges?
thx

Haijie Gu

Mar 13, 2013, 2:34:16 AM3/13/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erzhuo,

Sorry for the delayed response. The simplest way to get the data is to store all the vertex data in an array and use vertex_id to reference to the data. ALS is a good example and here's the code in GraphChi-java:

If you are using GraphChi C++, the v2.1API allows you to get a vertex object at the end of the edge.
Here's the ALS example which demonstrates the feature you want:

Best,
-jay