Problem 4.2 (b) and (d)

Liang-Ting Jiang

Mar 11, 2013, 5:12:47 PM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
For clustering the latent factor matrix in Problem 4.2 (b) and (d), what's the dimension of the latent factor k we should use? Thanks.

Liang-Ting

Haijie Gu

Mar 11, 2013, 5:18:25 PM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
Please use K = 10

Thanks,
-jay

On Mar 11, 2013, at 2:12 PM, Liang-Ting Jiang wrote:

For clustering the latent factor matrix in Problem 4.2 (b) and (d), what's the dimension of the latent factor k we should use? Thanks.

Liang-Ting

Maxim Grechkin

Mar 11, 2013, 5:35:54 PM3/11/13
to uw-big-data-class
Btw, are we supposed different results every time we run ALSMatrixFactorization (even with the same parameters)?

Maxim Grechkin

Haijie Gu

Mar 11, 2013, 7:09:55 PM3/11/13
to uw-big-d...@googlegroups.com
The result will be different. The initialization of the U, V matrices are random.

-jay