AAIV Stuff

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Sep 23, 2022, 3:36:54 AM9/23/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Large Group!!

We will have Large Groups this Friday at 7PM location Memorial Union - Old Madison (3rd Floor East). DONT GO TO UNION SOUTH FOR LARGE GROUP THIS WEEK BECAUSE WE WON'T BE THERE! COME TO MEM U!!

Asian American InterVarsity (AAIV) at UW-Madison | Facebook

Small Groups!!

Small Groups started this week!!! Small Groups are our weekly Bible studies that will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 7-9PM.

If you haven't signed up yet and want to join, please reach out to exec team (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh Kim, or Ivan) or sign up using this form:

https://forms.gle/1PEZtcSzAwja5QoB8

It's not too late to join!!!

JCREW!!

JCREW aka Jesus Crew, formerly known as LiL Team, is our serving team for Large Groups, which will be every Fridays 7-9PM. You can help behind the scenes for any week you are available. If you are interested please fill out this form:

https://forms.gle/UeGnBQCd9BmhSkcv9

Ramen Karaoke Night!!

Next Friday (9/30) in replacement for Large Group for that day! Show off your singing skills with your friends and eat some shin ramen snacks all provided for free!! Invite your friends either from AAIV or outside of AAIV!! All are welcome! From 7:30-9:30 PM. Location: TBD. More details coming soon!

Mini Os

GET HYYYYYYYPED!!!!!!! Mini Olympics is when Small Groups go against each other and compete in some outdoor games. The best part is you get to dress up with your small group. The theme and more details will be announced soon. Mini Os will be happening on the morning of October 8th .

If you are not in a small group and are interested in joining, please reach out to anyone on the leadership team!

Catalyst

October 28th (Friday) (starting 5pm) till October 30 (Sunday)(ending 1PM) is our Catalyst! It is a great time to know more about God and draw closer to Him! More details coming soon!

Campus-Area Churches

1. Harvest: 9 & 10:45 AM 214 N Henry Street

2. Blackhawk: 9 & 10:45AM Upper House (365 East Campus Mall)

3. Faith Community Bible CHurch: 10AM 3 N Park Street

4. Geneva Campus Church: 10AM 1127 University Avenue

Grace and peace to you always,

Exec Team

Visit our web site at www.aaivuw.org
Join our facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/uwaaiv
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "[AAIV]" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/uw-aaiv/CABNHi52oWjMAGOmv6U0D3w33hyMJiHzpQNoBc5DVsM2uJtsKTA%40mail.gmail.com.

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Sep 29, 2022, 4:34:39 PM9/29/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Ramen Karaoke Night!!

YOU LIKE RAMEN? OR KARAOKE? OR BOTH? Then check out Ramen Karaoke Night, which will take the place of Large Group for this Friday (9/30) from 7:30-9:30 PM location Humanities Building - Room 3650.

Small Groups started last week!!! Small Groups are our weekly Bible studies that will be on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 7-9PM.

If you haven't signed up yet and want to join, please reach out to exec team (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh Kim, or Ivan) or sign up using this form:

https://forms.gle/1PEZtcSzAwja5QoB8

It's not too late to join!!!

JCREW!!

JCREW aka Jesus Crew, formerly known as LiL Team, is our serving team for Large Groups, which will be every Fridays 7-9PM. You can help behind the scenes for any week you are available. If you are interested please fill out this form:

https://forms.gle/UeGnBQCd9BmhSkcv9

Mini Os

GET HYYYYYYYPED!!!!!!! Mini Olympics is when Small Groups go against each other and compete in some outdoor games. The best part is you get to dress up with your small group. The theme was announced last week at Large Group. The theme was Childhood TV Shows!! Mini Os will be happening on the morning of October 8th from 9AM to 12PM outside Kohl Center. The Mini Os judges are either UW Madison Alumni or super seniors: Cristine Jiang, Key Xiong, Michael Luy, Jun Lee, Julia Wang, Josh Giarto, and Victor Wang. Deduction points if your small group is not there on time!!!! Here are the finalized themes for Mini O's for each small group below:

image.png

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Oct 5, 2022, 5:06:32 PM10/5/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! MINI Os is this Saturday so GET HYYYYYYYPED!!!!

Mini Os

Mini Olympics is when Small Groups go against each other and compete in some outdoor games. The best part is you get to dress up with your small group. The theme this year is: CHILDHOOD TV SHOWS. Mini Os will start at 9AM-12PM on October 8th. The Mini Os judges are either UW Madison Alumni or super seniors: Cristine Jiang, Michael Luy, Jun Lee, Julia Wang, Josh Giarto, and Victor Wang. Deduction points if your small group is not there on time!!!!

If you are not in a small group and are interested in joining, please reach out to anyone on the leadership team!

Small Groups!!

Small Groups are our weekly Bible studies on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 7-9PM.

If you haven't signed up yet and want to join, please reach out to exec team (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh Kim, or Ivan) or any Small Group Leader or sign up using this form:

https://forms.gle/xGVNn3vLsH7xDAe79

You can still join!!!

Large Group!!

We will have Large Groups this Friday 10/8 at 7PM at Union South, Landmark Room (3rd Floor). Eric will be leading a discussion about bearing fruit and receiving the Word of God.

JCREW!!

JCREW aka Jesus Crew, formerly known as LiL Team, is our serving team for Large Groups, which will be every Fridays 7-9PM. You can help behind the scenes for any week you are available. If you are interested please fill out this form:

https://forms.gle/UeGnBQCd9BmhSkcv9

NINJA

NINJA is our weekly Monday prayer nights from 8-9PM at Humanities Room 2261 or 2251 led by Faith! It is a great opportunity to pray/talk to God, and it is a friendly, loving environment to fellowship with other people!

Catalyst

October 28th (Friday) (starting 5pm) till October 30 (Sunday)(ending 1PM) is our Catalyst! The Catalyst Conference is a weekend conference that allows you to get away with friends ,to connect with God and your community for a weekend, explore what the next steps can be in your spiritual journey. Whether this is your first semester in college, you're leading in a chapter, or you have questions about God, Jesus, or Christianity, God has something for you at Catalyst 2022. We would love to have you join us for our mix of track time, worship, and community. We will be driving up to Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 WI-23, Green Lake, WI 54941 for this conference! If you are interested, sign up in the link below:

https://lakesandplains.events.intervarsity.org/2022catalystgl

Freshman Groups

Freshman groups happen on Sundays at 8 PM Union South - Agriculture Room. It is a time to connect with other freshmen, learn and try spiritual disciplines, and be challenged and grow in Christ. For more details, reach out to Eric Pedersen or reach out to any exec member.

Visit our web site at www.aaivuw.org
Join our facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/uwaaiv
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "[AAIV]" group.

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Oct 6, 2022, 2:19:07 PM10/6/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com
Mini O's will be in front of Kohl Center!!

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Oct 12, 2022, 2:26:20 PM10/12/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Large Group!!

We will have Large Group this Friday 10/14 at 7PM at  Memorial Union - Multicultural Greek Council Room (4th Floor) . Eric will be leading a prayer night for other countries.

Catalyst

Mark your calendars!! October 28th (Friday) (starting 5pm) till October 30 (Sunday)(ending 1PM) is our Catalyst! The Catalyst Conference is a weekend conference that allows you to get away with friends ,to connect with God and your community for a weekend, explore what the next steps can be in your spiritual journey. Whether this is your first semester in college, you're leading in a chapter, or you have questions about God, Jesus, or Christianity, God has something for you at Catalyst 2022. We would love to have you join us for our mix of track time, worship, and community. We will be driving up to Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 WI-23, Green Lake, WI 54941 for this conference! If you are interested, sign up in the link below:

https://lakesandplains.events.intervarsity.org/2022catalystgl

Harvest Devil's Lake Trip

October 22 come and enjoy the fresh autumn air and marvelous views with the Harvest church family!! Rides will be provided and we will be leaving in the morning at probably 9AM. Bring water, maybe a snack, and we'll probably stop for lunch on the way back. Sign up in the link below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTzV4gqkiPCDMwqWNSVQKZz5NuKskx13iFA3h3PUXrgOEW3Q/viewform

[...]

Freshman groups happen on Sundays at 8 PM Union South - Agriculture Room. It is a time to connect with other freshmen, learn and try spiritual disciplines, and be challenged and grow in Christ. For more details, reach out to Eric Pedersen or reach out to any exec member (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh, or Ivan).

Visit our web site at www.aaivuw.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/uw-aaiv/CABNHi5271v1ew7n-CHXx1QJg8YHVvz7ZwqboURzi8H89peHPdg%40mail.gmail.com.

Visit our web site at www.aaivuw.org
Join our facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/uwaaiv
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "[AAIV]" group.

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Oct 20, 2022, 11:38:09 AM10/20/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Large Group!!

We will have Large Group this Friday 10/21 at 7PM at Memorial Union - Chart Room (Lower Level West). Pastor Adam from Life Church will be leading a talk about what chokes one's faith!

Mark your calendars!! October 28th (Friday) (starting 5pm) till October 30 (Sunday)(ending 1PM) is our Catalyst! The Catalyst Conference is a weekend conference that allows you to get away with friends ,to connect with God and your community for a weekend, explore what the next steps can be in your spiritual journey. Whether this is your first semester in college, you're leading in a chapter, or you have questions about God, Jesus, or Christianity, God has something for you at Catalyst 2022. We would love to have you join us for our mix of track time, worship, and community. We will be driving up to Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 WI-23, Green Lake, WI 54941 for this conference! If you are interested, sign up in the link below. For scholarships/discount for freshmen, type in promo code: cat50.

Visit our web site at www.aaivuw.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/uw-aaiv/CABNHi52jOCyzTJ32EG%2BmOzH0-%3DYiGQuF6O7wfgvvAi2u3Y%2BYDQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Visit our web site at www.aaivuw.org
Join our facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/uwaaiv
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "[AAIV]" group.

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Oct 28, 2022, 12:52:56 PM10/28/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Large Group!!

No Large Group this Friday (10/28) because of Catalyst/Fall Retreat!

This week October 28th (Friday) (starting 5pm) till October 30 (Sunday)(ending 1PM) is our Catalyst! If you are going, your driver should have reached out to you already! If not, let one of the exec (Lucas, Eliot, Josh, Faith, or Ivan) know! We will be driving up to Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 WI-23, Green Lake, WI 54941 for this conference!

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Nov 4, 2022, 1:12:33 AM11/4/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Harvest Kimbap Night!!

No Large Group this Friday (11/4). Instead, many of us will be attending a kimbap night hosted by Harvest Church this Friday (11/4) from 6-9 PM!

Men's Ministry

Men's Ministry on 11/12 at Pres House at the lounge at 11 AM. We will be having brunch. Look at the google form below for details.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduYnGREg5VaH-NScDcnr4qPfXuqc05IRZ8fUsRiyOCSreStA/viewform

[...]

3. Geneva Campus Church: 10AM 1127 University Avenue

4. Pres House Church

5. Life Church

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Nov 8, 2022, 2:14:21 PM11/8/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Large Group!!

IMPACT and AAIV presents CommUNITY: Brothers and Sisters in Christ! Join us for worship and fellowship this Friday (11/11) 7-9:30 PM at Union South - Industry Room! We will be having a worship and prayer night with IMPACT!! Come out and celebrate community through a night filled with worship and praise!

Men's Ministry this Saturday (11/12) at Pres House at the lounge at 11 AM. We will be having brunch. Look at the google form below for details.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduYnGREg5VaH-NScDcnr4qPfXuqc05IRZ8fUsRiyOCSreStA/viewform

Thanksgiving Banquet

 It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you to join us for Thanksgiving Banquet at UpperHouse on the night of 11/19 from 5:30-10:00 PM! There will be food, worship, testimonies, performances, and other recreational activities for the attendees! Each small group will be making a dish: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, dessert, etc.! Be our guest! Be our guest! You are welcome to bring your friends! Entry fee is $7. Sign up/RSVP below. Otherwise, paying up front will be more expensive. If you have any questions, reach out to exec (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh, or Ivan).

https://forms.gle/vKFnzQsigWbpCi3W8

If you are planning to do an open mic/performance for Thanksgiving Banquet, sign up below. Only people signed up will be able to do open mic. So sign up below:

https://forms.gle/R1YHaENAr3Z5trSL7

Small Groups!!

Small Groups are our weekly Bible studies on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 7-9PM.

If you haven't signed up yet and want to join, please reach out to exec team (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh Kim, or Ivan) or any Small Group Leader or sign up using this form:

https://forms.gle/xGVNn3vLsH7xDAe79

You can still join!!!

JCREW!!

JCREW aka Jesus Crew, formerly known as LiL Team, is our serving team for Large Groups, which will be every Fridays 7-9PM. You can help behind the scenes for any week you are available. If you are interested please fill out this form or talk to Ivan:

https://forms.gle/UeGnBQCd9BmhSkcv9

NINJA

NINJA is our weekly Monday prayer nights from 8-9PM at Humanities Room 2261 or 2251 led by Faith! It is a great opportunity to pray/talk to God, and it is a friendly, loving environment to fellowship with other people!

Freshman Groups

Freshman groups happen on Sundays at 8 PM Union South - Room TBD. It is a time to connect with other freshmen, learn and try spiritual disciplines, and be challenged and grow in Christ. For more details, reach out to Eric Pedersen or reach out to any exec member (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh, or Ivan).

Campus-Area Churches

1. Harvest: 9 & 10:45 AM 214 N Henry Street

2. Blackhawk: 9 & 10:45AM Upper House (365 East Campus Mall)

3. Geneva Campus Church: 10AM 1127 University Avenue

4. Pres House Church: 4:30 PM

5. Life Church

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Nov 8, 2022, 2:28:23 PM11/8/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com
Correction. Thanksgiving Banquet on 11/19 from 6-9 PM.

Grace and peace to you always,

Exec Team

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Nov 16, 2022, 3:15:33 AM11/16/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well and are able to enroll in the classes you want this week for the upcoming spring semester!

Large Group!!

NO LARGE GROUP THIS WEEK! Instead, this Friday will be time for y'all to buy or make/plan to make food for Thanksgiving Banquet with your Small Group or practice for your open mic for Thanksgiving Banquet if you signed up!!

Thanksgiving Banquet

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you to join us for Thanksgiving Banquet at UpperHouse on the night of this Saturday 11/19 from 6-9 PM! There will be food, worship, testimonies, performances, and other recreational activities for the attendees! Each small group will be making a dish: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, dessert, etc.! Be our guest! Be our guest! You are welcome to bring your friends! Entry fee is $7. Sign up/RSVP below and Venmo us @AAIV-UWMadison. Otherwise, paying up front will be more expensive ($10). If you have any questions, reach out to exec (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh, or Ivan).

https://forms.gle/vKFnzQsigWbpCi3W8

Currently, the open mic form spots are all filled. However, there is still hope. If you sign up now, if one group currently enrolled in open mic decides not to do it, then you will be considered. Only people signed up will be able to do open mic. So sign up below:

[...]

Nov 24, 2022, 5:34:44 PM11/24/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Happy Thanksgiving from Exec team!

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Nov 30, 2022, 6:50:06 PM11/30/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well!

Large Group!!

Large Group this Friday (12/2) 7-9PM at Humanities Room 2650. For this week's Large Group: "What is forgiveness exactly?" By Nicole Chiu Lwin - One of AAIV's previous staff! See y'all there!

VSA Cultural Night

This Friday (12/2) from 6-8 PM at Humanities Room 3650 is the VSA Cultural Night. VSA, in collaboration with AAIV and other Asian Student Orgs, are organizing this. Be aware that this will be taking place as Large Group is also taking place at the same time. However, they are both at Humes so travelling from one event to the other is convenient if one wants to make it to both. There will be dancing and food. Feel free to stop by!

Winter Retreat

Mark your calendars!! Feb 10-12, 2023 is our AAIV Winter Retreat!  Catalyst! The Winter Retreat is a weekend retreat that allows you to get away with friends, to connect with God and your community for a weekend, explore what the next steps can be in your spiritual journey, and winter recreational activities with your friends! Whether this is your first semester in college, you're leading in a chapter, or you have questions about God, Jesus, or Christianity, God has something for you at Winter Retreat 2023. We would love to have you join us for our mix of track time, worship, and community. We will be driving up to Lake Waubesa Bible Camp (2851 Crescent Drive, McFarland, WI, 53558 US). Below is the registration form. Sign up! For more details, reach out to Eric Pedersen or reach out to any exec member (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh, or Ivan).

https://lakesandplains.events.intervarsity.org/aaiv2023

 Urbana

Mark your calendars!! Dec 28-31 at Indianapolis, IN is Urbana. What if there was time? What if there was a place? God has given us a standing invitation into His global mission. Into global reconciliation, global restoration. It's time. Time for saying yes. To a next step, new callings, a bigger world with greater depth. Urbana '22 is that time. Urbana '22 is that place. It's a time for helping us see that we all have a part to play, a time for finding where our passions thread into God's greater story. It's a time for discovering with mentors and experts. A place for seeing our family, our brothers and sisters in God across the globe. Urbana is a place of worship. All nations, all tribes, heart pounding praise. It's a place to be drawn together to go across campuses, communities, countries across the globe. Sign up in the link below! AAIV still has scholarships available if finances are an issue (ask Eric if interested). For more details, reach out to Eric Pedersen or reach out to any exec member (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh, or Ivan).

https://urbana.org/

[...]

Dec 7, 2022, 10:39:59 PM12/7/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well and are preparing well for finals!

Large Group!!

This week is the last large group this semester :(( Large Group this Friday (12/9) 7-9PM at Union South - Industry Room (3rd Floor). For this week's Large Group, Pastor Michael Vogel of Harvest Church will talk about "Conformed to Holy Hope Not Ignorance" and will base the topic off of 1 Peter 1:13-16! Hope to see y'all there for the last large group this semester!

[...]

Small Groups are our weekly Bible studies on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursdays from 7-9PM. Our last official small group Bible study is week but there will be more next semester!

AsianAmerican InterVarsity

Dec 15, 2022, 6:03:03 PM12/15/22
to uw-...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends! Hope yall are doing well and are preparing well for finals!

AAIV Clothing Donation Drive

As a community that strives to transform, we want to show that through giving not just to our own community but to others as well. The clothes given to us will be donated to the Waunakee Neighborhood Connection. Donate during Harvest Study Week (12/17-12/18) at 214 N Henry Street. For more information contact Ntuchia, Madeline, or Zion.

Harvest Study Week

Come study with us at Harvest Church of Madison for finals week!! From 12/15-12-22 8AM-12AM. There will be snacks, ping pong, and collective study fellowship!!

Blackhawk Study Week

Come to Blackhawk Church (9620 Brader Way, Middleton, WI 53562) on Friday, 12/16 from noon to 10PM for tons of FREE food, an open gym, and a great place to study for finals or just hang out! Everyone is welcome- so invite your friends! FREE buses run to and from campus ALL DAY. At Study Day you can eat free food, free beverages, play in the open gym, watch movies, study in group or quiet areas, and end the night in worship! Bus schedule below:

image.png

Alumni Worship Night

Some AAIV alumni will be hosting a worship session at Harvest Church on 12/17/22 (This Saturday) from 7PM to 9 PM. Harvest Church is located at 214 N Henry St, Madison, WI 53703. We encourage you to take a break amidst your studying to come and join us in worshipping God together! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to come to DM us on instagram or ask anybody in AAIV. Can't wait to see y'all there!

[...]

For next semester, if you haven't signed up yet and want to join, please reach out to exec team (Lucas, Eliot, Faith, Josh Kim, or Ivan) or any Small Group Leader or sign up using this form: