today and friday

William Stein

Nov 28, 2007, 4:06:54 PM11/28/07
to uw-...@groups.google.com
Hi Math 581f,

I've prepared a rather short lecture today on zeta functions. After
I finish it (about 25 minutes),
we'll discuss your projects. So come prepared so say something more
about your projects -- i.e., a
status report.

Morever, Friday I've decided to devote entirely to discussions about
projects. So on Friday
I will prepare nothing for class, and you can ask me anything. And if
there aren't enough
questions, you can spend more time describing your thoughts so far on
your projects.
One of the outcomes of this will hopefully be to increase
collaboration between projects,
in addition to making the projects more comprehensible to other
students in class.

Another thing -- I will not be here for office hours tomorrow
(thursday) since I'll be at
Reed College in Portland giving a colloquium talk.

-- William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics