Math 581f Today

William Stein

Dec 7, 2007, 12:25:49 PM12/7/07
to uw-...@groups.google.com
Hello Math 581f,

I was going to give another talk about the BSD conjecture in class
today, but I have
to admit that I'm EXTREMELY curious to find out what happened with all of your
projects. And the quickest way to do that, is for everybody to give
5 minute presentations
during class that:
(1) Gives a quick demo if you implemented something (e.g., run a
function in sage)
and/or
(2) Explains what you ended up doing, and plan to do if you want
to work further
on the project after class (for your web page or something),
and/or
(3) Explains some major surprise or frustrated that came up.

So, instead of giving a lecture I will have the projector setup with
my laptop and
a web browser. So come prepared to do some sort of short demo, or explain
what you ended up doing in your project.

Also, many people have asked how to turn in their projects. For a traditional
paper:
(1) print it out and hand it to me in class,
(2) and email me a pdf (or other) version, so I can post it on
the wiki for the course
For an implementation of a program in Sage:
(1) send me an email with either code or a Sage notebook or whatever, which
contains an attachment (e.g., a zip archive or whatever)
that is suitable for
posting to the wiki, but which I can also easily try out.

-- William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics

William Stein

Dec 7, 2007, 5:09:44 PM12/7/07
to Alyson Deines, uw-...@groups.google.com
On Dec 7, 2007 1:29 PM, Alyson L Deines <ade...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Here it is. Both the work sheets and both the web pages (one each for 2D and general cases.)
>
> Aly

OK, I've tried them out and posted them here:

http://wiki.wstein.org/ant07/projects

William

Stephanie Vance

Dec 7, 2007, 6:59:46 PM12/7/07
to uw-...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

I've attached the latest copy of my paper. Thanks for a great class this quarter.

-Stephanie

vance.pdf

Wenhan Wang

Dec 7, 2007, 10:18:16 PM12/7/07
to uw-...@googlegroups.com
Dear William,

This is the pdf version of my final project.

Wish you a happy holiday!

Wenhan

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, William Stein wrote:

final_project.pdf

William Stein

Dec 7, 2007, 10:37:17 PM12/7/07
to uw-...@googlegroups.com