Get Back to Work- FREE training Program starts tomorrow!!

1 view

Ala

Nov 6, 2022, 4:26:38 PM11/6/22
to UVRF List Serve

We hope everyone enjoyed their week off! UVRF is upping member benefits this year- we are offering a free training plan to take you through the winter. Click on link below to register (free)

https://home.trainingpeaks.com/attachtocoach?sharedKey=UQBNALRI2FQES

The first week (starting tomorrow) is updated so try it out (I have to add you to the calendar so give me some time after you create your account) or at the very least go through the TrainingPeaks program and familiarize yourself with it. At the end of week one if there are any technical questions, please email both Tyler Bergmeier and Ala Crockett (Tyler.L....@dartmouth.eduMyCoa...@gmail.com)

TrainingPeaks is free, with the option to pay to upgrade if you want more feedback from your workouts. It can pair with your smartwatch. Play around with it- at the most basic level it is a calendar of workouts. Your teammate Peggy Sadler and I used it for her Head of the Charles Training:

Peggy: I loved working with TrainingPeaks. It was very easy: easy to set up, easy to see the results, and easy to plan ahead with the workouts on the calendar. I use a GPS watch to record my data (mine is a Suunto 9 Baro, but I think you can use any watch, Apple, Garmin.... It's fun to see what workouts are planned ahead of time, and fun to see the stats after doing a workout.

This is a generalized plan that fits all members, so do be smart about adapting it to your needs! If you are an Ironman, tack on a few more sets. Going downhill skiing all day? Move the scheduled HIIT workout to another day. Take off- add on- adjust it to your winter lifestyle.

There WILL be a strength component coming- the calendar will include a body-weight strengthening component and I'll have an alternate program for those with access to weights.

Happy winter training! See you on the water in 6 months. Or, as TJ says, "I see why rowers like skiing; snow is just another form of water."

Coach Ala

* If anyone wants a personalized training program specific to your own winter goals and racing events, please email Ala directly MyCoa...@gmail.com