Participation in Long Range Planning effort in developing a Vision document for Kendal

Roelof Versteeg

Dec 2, 2022, 3:45:39 PM12/2/22
to uvrf-li...@googlegroups.com
Dear UVRF friends

We are extremely lucky to be able to row out of Kendal River Park, and we all would like for KRP to be our semi permanent home (as I am a geoscientist, I want to remind everyone that nothing is really permanent).

We have been talking with the Kendal board about if and how we can make KRP our semi permanent home. The Kendal board has asked us to prepare a vision document for them with our ideas of what we want and how this would happen.

We want to deliver this in Mid February and the Kendal board will then consider this as part of their own planning effort and we will see what happens.  The Kendal board has given us guidance about what they would like to see in such a vision document, but we can include additional content.

Bartlett Leber and me (Roelof Versteeg) are the co chairs of the Long Range Planning committee and are working on preparing this vision document.

As this is not our vision, but the vision of UVRF, we would like to solicit input from everyone in the club. We are also seeking input from the broader community and inviting people to help create this document.

So, please drop me a note  if you have any thoughts about

- aspects of the physical facility which we would build (which is limited because this is a floodplain)
- resources which are needed at the site
- changes which should be made to the site
- things which could be located on the top of the site (e.g. a pickleball court)
- synergistic activities by the community (e.g. waterfront access for kayaks)

and any other thoughts you have.

Note: in order to minimize email clutter, don't send things to the UVRF mailing list but instead to Bartlet and me.

We will summarize and share. If you have additional
energy and would like to participate in actually writing the
vision plan feel free to reach out to either of Bartlett or Roelof.
We have an in person kick off meeting on Friday the 9th, but even if you can not make
this meeting and want to participate let us know

Regards

Roelof and Bartlett