Dartmouth North Campus Petition - Please sign and share!

linda muri

Nov 30, 2022, 8:01:45 PM11/30/22
to UVRF List Serve
Hello, rowers!

Given our love of rowing in Hanover, and Hanover in general, this seems a significant topic that everyone should be aware of.

Thanks,
Linda

Greetings:

The Dartmouth College administration is seeking permission to build a North Campus housing complex on Lyme Road, just off the Reservoir Road rotary. Two buildings—one the size of a football field, and one even larger—will house 400 juniors and seniors. Note that for at least the next 10-15 years this will be replacement housing for campus dorms undergoing renovation and will therefore not add new housing to the Upper Valley. The college faculty have twice voted against this project because of its distance from campus, and students have raised concerns about safety and sustainability. Dartmouth has continued with this unpopular project as it is significantly less expensive to build on the former golf course than on the main campus.

Dartmouth must receive permission to build this large campus from both the Hanover Planning and Zoning Boards. One key criterion for permission is whether the project changes the character of the neighborhood. There is no question that this new North Campus will negatively affect the environment, the safety of our community, and the already difficult traffic situation.

To express your concern about this project to the Town of Hanover Planning Board and Zoning Boards, please add your name to this petition: https://forms.gle/TRvSwLrcdqxUuAi3A.

***Please forward this message to others who are concerned. You need not be a neighbor to participate; the impacts of the North Campus development will be felt throughout the larger community.

Thank you,

The Garipay Working Group

PS: If you are opposed to the North Campus project but circumstances prevent you from signing a public document, please respond to this email. We will not share your name but we will keep a tally of “anonymous” signatories.