Morning dock monitors

Dylan Mroszczyk-McDonald

Jun 24, 2024, 8:41:33 PMJun 24
to uvrf-li...@googlegroups.com, Upper UVRF
Good evening, UVRF

I’m happy to share that we have a full crew of morning dock monitors aboard! Thank you to all who reached out to recommend or connect me with potential candidates.

The summer schedule will be more or less as follows:
Mon. - Graham (6-9am - and sometimes 9:30 while the junior program is running)
Tues. - America (6-9am)
Wed. - Graham (6-9/9:30am)
Thurs. - America (6-9am)
Fri. - Graham (6-9/9:30)
Sat. - Sophia (7-10am)

*America starts next week so there will be no monitor this Tues/Thurs.

We are very grateful to have them aboard and for their assistance and friendly smiles. Please greet them warmly and thank them for their time and support of UVRF the next time you see them!

Thanks kindly and see you on the water,
Dylan Mroszczyk-McDonald, UVRF Board

martha beattie

Jun 26, 2024, 3:14:31 PMJun 26
to martha beattie, uvrf-li...@googlegroups.com, Upper UVRF

To all participants in UVRF coxed programs,

On behalf of the UVRF board and the program committee, I am writing to inform you that there is an additional requirement to participate in a program which has  junior coxswains and junior rowers involved. This would include adult sweep in the mornings, as well as our evening sweep programs. We apologize for our previous oversight and should have realized that we would be dependent on our great high school coxswains for most of our programs.

The United States Rowing Association (USRA), of which UVRF is a member organization and you are all individual members, requires a Safe Sport certificate for any adult participants who have “regular contact with any amateur athlete who is a minor.”

Adult Participants must complete the SafeSport Trained Core course or its relevant refresher training as applicable, through the Center’s online training available on the USRowing Membership Portal at https://membership.usrowing.org. If you are not a member of USRA yet, you can access the SafeSport Training directly at  https://safesporttrained.org/#/public-dashboard .

Please take the brief time to read UVRF’s SafeSport policy here:  https://www.uppervalleyrowingfoundation.org/?page_id=995. It has more information for you as well as the Safe Sport links once again. Please email a copy of your Safe Sport Certificate to Upperv...@gmail.com within the time limit of your next five practices. After five practices you will have to sit out until you get your SafeSport certificate.

Thank you for your understanding and your compliance.

Sincerely,

Martha Beattie

Program Chair

From the USRA FAQ:

I am a masters rower at a club that also has minor athletes. Do I have to take SafeSport training?

Only if you have five (5) or more instances of Regular Contact in a 12-month period. Examples of Regular Contact instances in this scenario include, but are not limited to:

·  A Minor Athlete coxswain from your club participating in your practice.

·  Attending your club’s annual fundraising event where Minor Athletes are present.

·  Competing at the same regatta as Minor Athletes from your club

--
UVRF List Serve. Weigh Enough.

---

Martha Beattie

martha beattie

Jun 26, 2024, 3:17:24 PMJun 26
to martha beattie, UVRF List Serve, Upper UVRF
 My apologies for the second send.  I neglected to change the subject line!!  And this is very important for all to read.

Upper Valley Rowing UVRF

Jun 27, 2024, 7:51:44 PMJun 27
Hi everyone

Many of us need to take safe sport training, and for those of us who don’t need to take it for our programs it’s a good training to take anyway!

I’ve been asked a few times for the code - check our safe sport page on the website and look towards the end for the code:
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Rowan

Rowan Carroll, Volunteer
Upper Valley Rowing UVRF

Begin forwarded message:

--
UVRF List Serve. Weigh Enough.

---

martha beattie

Jul 1, 2024, 10:31:25 AMJul 1
to martha beattie, UVRF List Serve
Good morning, UVRF scullers,

After hearing from more than 40 of you that you had interest in a coached sculling program in 2x's and 4x's, it is now time to register.  Go to the Upper Valley Rowing website and click on programs/sculling - https://www.uppervalleyrowingfoundation.org/ -  and sign up for one of the three sessions.  We will only allow one session per rower at this time. Below is the description and the dates/times.

This adult sculling program, for experienced women and men scullers who want regular practice and coaching in doubles and quads, is a four weeklong, three-day-a-week program that will be offered three times.

All three sessions will focus on technique improvement and athletic fitness, and participants will have opportunities to practice toeing (steering) doubles and quads, and to seek certification to toe club boats.

If participants opt to race, entry fees and costs related to travel and trailering boats to regattas will be the responsibility of individual participants.

Regular attendance in this program is encouraged. Coaches, with the intent of making each experience positive, will determine all daily lineups and race entries.

There is significant interest in this offering. Priority for the second and third sessions will be given to those who were not in the previous sessions.

Practice Times: MWF 5:30-7pm

Session 1: July 8 – Aug 2

Session 2: Aug 5 – Aug 30

Session 3: Sept 4 – 27

martha beattie

Jul 5, 2024, 6:05:45 PMJul 5
to martha beattie, UVRF List Serve

Scullers,

After hearing from more than 40 of you that you had interest in a coached sculling program in 2x's and 4x's, it is now time to register.  Go to the Upper Valley Rowing website and click on programs/sculling - https://www.uppervalleyrowingfoundation.org/ -  and sign up for one of the three sessions.  We will only allow one session per rower at this time. Below is the description and the dates/times.

This adult sculling program, for experienced (rowing in a racing single for 1 or more years) scullers who want regular practice and coaching in doubles and quads, is a four weeklong, three-day-a-week program that will be offered three times.