Looking for volunteers for the equipment committee

Roelof Versteeg

Jul 9, 2024, 12:33:29 PMJul 9
to uvrf-li...@googlegroups.com

TLDR: Looking for volunteers to help maintain UVRF equipment. Details below

As we all know UVRF has a large and very impressive amount of equipment - singles, doubles, quads, fours, eights, oars, launches, motors, kippy kits, coxboxes and so on. Collectively this represents hundreds of thousands of dollars, and we all rely on it being in a good state for us to be able to show up and row.

Historically the maintenance of this equipment has been done by a small number of very hard working people. Right now this includes several of the coaches (who take care of the boats), Peter Swenson, and several parent volunteers from the youth program who help take care of the launches.

As the amount of equipment has grown and the use of this equipment has increased, the board has recognized that we need to manage our assets better and more sustainable. The board is thus standing up an equipment committee.

Equipment Committee Charter

This committee Is responsible for keeping the club's equipment (including shells, oars, launches, the enclosed trailer and the site boat trailer)  in good working order.  The committee also organizes and leads club work days,  takes care of and arranges for equipment repair, and makes sure that the trailer is stocked with parts for repairs.

The committee will work with UVRF coaches (who will be ex officio members of the equipment committee) to refine how and when to do  maintenance and document maintenance practices. The committee will report to the board on equipment status and long and short term maintenance needs.

The board is looking for people who want to be on this committee. Note that no experience is needed to be on this committee - training will be provided on the job. Also, this is very much a hands-on committee (no stuffy meetings!).

Committee members will be guided by more experienced members and coaches. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the sport you love and meet new people.

If you are interested, please email roelof....@gmail.com We will then have a kickoff meeting in late July to get organized and answer any questions.

Thanks!

Roelof