Get to Learning. (Share News and Ideas)

Michael E. Karpeles

Sep 10, 2010, 6:55:34 PM9/10/10
to uvmcssa
This section is for sharing knowledge and opinions, links and excepts
from articles, tech news, software release dates, and other geeky
happenings.

Michael E. Karpeles

Sep 10, 2010, 7:00:07 PM9/10/10
to uvmcssa
Tenzin suggests...

"Project Euler"
http://projecteuler.net/

- - -

Synopsis: What is Project Euler?"

Project Euler is a series of challenging mathematical/computer
programming problems that will require more than just mathematical
insights to solve. Although mathematics will help you arrive at
elegant and efficient methods, the use of a computer and programming
skills will be required to solve most problems.

The motivation for starting Project Euler, and its continuation, is to
provide a platform for the inquiring mind to delve into unfamiliar
areas and learn new concepts in a fun and recreational context.
This is also on our website!

Michael E. Karpeles

Sep 10, 2010, 8:28:34 PM9/10/10
to uvmcssa
New interesting technology featured on ycombinator hacker news.
Similar idea to "Instant Google"

Youtube Instant creator gets instant job offer (venturebeat.com)
http://feross.net/instant/

- - -

Truthfully, I'm not a huge fan. There's no way to stop videos, the
video auto-plays, and there's no feedback method or options for
whether the movie is correct or relevant. I suggest a "next" button
and a "previous" button?...

Michael E. Karpeles

Sep 13, 2010, 9:19:35 PM9/13/10
to uvmcssa
Google Slipping?

http://robsheldon.com/giving-up-on-google

Looks like some cool alternatives exist...