Ability to go back and forward on a page

CB

Jun 11, 2024, 4:55:58 PMJun 11
to utterlyvoiceusers
Hi all,

Trying out Utterly and am very impressed by it. The number one thing I'm missing right now, and am sure y'all will know how to do this, is a command to go back or forward a page. On my mouse I have two buttons on the side that allow me to go back a page and vice versa, if I could find out how to get a command that has the same functionality that would be exceptional.

Thank you!

CB

Jun 11, 2024, 5:06:43 PMJun 11
to utterlyvoiceusers
I realize I should clarify in that I know of the "Go Back" and "Go Forward" features, which work like a charm, but those commands only work in the web browser, not the program that I am using. It only responds to the side mouse buttons.

Utterly Voice

Jun 11, 2024, 5:54:49 PMJun 11
to CB, utterlyvoiceusers
Hello,

The "show" command works well for navigation and menu buttons in most applications. If it is an application you use often, you can improve efficiency by creating a custom mode for the application. Most applications provide keyboard shortcuts for navigating and other actions. You can create custom voice commands that trigger the keyboard shortcuts. You can look at the provided mode files in the config\modes directory for examples of mode files. You can also look at the detailed documentation for customization, starting with YAML: https://utterlyvoice.com/help/yaml.

If you create a command called "go back", you must ensure that the "chrome" mode is not active at the same time as your custom mode, because both modes would have the same command name defined in them.