sought: backend ruby ninja

Lucas Luitjes

Oct 29, 2013, 10:15:11 AM10/29/13
to utrec...@googlegroups.com
Blendle is a single page application that lets you buy articles from all the major Dutch newspapers, magazines, and various paid blogs. Soon we’ll have our public launch. Here’s a (Dutch) clip of CEO Alexander explaining the concept on national television, flanked by the editors-in-chief of the Volkskrant and NRC. Having content of all the major publishers in a country is extremely rare, and we’re hoping to expand internationally after our national launch.

Our team currently consists of eight coders, designers and CEOs. Our office is close to Utrecht Centraal (Media Place, in the Jaarbeurs), central train station of the central city in The Netherlands. All employees traded some salary for equity, because we very strongly believe in the product.

We’re looking to expand our team with an all-round or backend developer who will do whatever it takes to bring Blendle to a successful conclusion. Challenges include scaling our web service and workflow systems that process newspapers and magazines. Some keywords:

Ruby (sinatra rather than rails)
Javascript (Backbone rather than jQuery)
Experience with single page applications
Unix (Linux, Mac OS X, *BSD)

Email us at in...@blendle.nl if you’re interested!