UtracerJS Error on Startup

Rocko

Dec 30, 2022, 5:28:19 PM12/30/22
to uTracer
Hello again!

Well I took a break over the holidays and now I am back at creating problems, LOL.    I am hoping someone has seen this before and it is an easy fix.

I start UtracerJS and the command window opens and closes quickly.  I open a command window and I run the program and I get this error message.

c:\UtracerJS>utracerjs-win-x64
pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1740
      throw error;
      ^

Error: The specified module could not be found.
C:\Users\Rocko\AppData\Local\Temp\pkg\0d3279c2c717847d4ab775afe917aa864764820336bd4291efd50791a8db0118\@serialport\bindings-cpp\prebuilds\win32-x64\node.napi.node
    at process.dlopen (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:2114:28)
    at Object.Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1183:18)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19)
    at Module.require (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1719:31)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18)
    at load (C:\snapshot\nodejs\node_modules\node-gyp-build\index.js:21:10)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\snapshot\nodejs\node_modules\@serialport\bindings-cpp\dist\load-bindings.js:10:46)
    at Module._compile (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1794:22) {
  code: 'ERR_DLOPEN_FAILED'
}

Utracer12 software works fine.  Only when trying to start UtracerJS does this happen.  To fix an earlier problem I replaced my serial port connector and made a new one but Utracer 12 works so not sure how or if this could be the cause.

Thanks in advance for any insight to my issue, Happy New year to everyone.

Rocko

Martin Manning

Dec 30, 2022, 5:43:05 PM12/30/22
to uTracer
Ihor recently made some changes to uTracerJS. I'm not sure if that is your issue, but have you updated your executable to the latest version?

Rocko

Dec 30, 2022, 6:04:27 PM12/30/22
to uTracer
Yes I have, I actually have all 3 latest versions in different folders so I could try as I upgraded.  They all give me the same issue.  I am no program reading guru but it looks like to me that utracerJS is not seeing the chip on my Utracer 3+.  Hopefully Ihor has seen this before and can comment.

Happy New Year!

Rocko

Ihor

Dec 31, 2022, 3:02:56 AM12/31/22
to uTracer
Hi Rocko,

The issue is very easy to solve and it is already described on the website of uTracerJS as Note 2 :) This is a very typical problems which is difficult to avoid ( I will think how to do that) but it is also very rate. The story is that when you start uTracerJS it creates some temporary files on your harddrive (as many other programs) and a few of those are used for the serial port communication. When the program quits in a "bad" way it leaves those files hanging there and it is not possible to start the program once again because it is not possible to open the serial port once again. That happens very rarely and even with aborting program in all possible ways in the middle of execution will produce that error probably 1 out of 20 times. In any case  the fix is very easy (see Note 2) and the hint is also in the error message which says that there is something wrong with "C:\Users\Rocko\AppData\Local\Temp\pkg\" folder. So to fix it you have to go there and delete everything which is in C:\Users\Rocko\AppData\Local\Temp\pkg\

Cheers,

Ihor

Rocko

Dec 31, 2022, 12:00:26 PM12/31/22
to uTracer
Thank you Ihor,

I missed that.  I have read Note 3 as well now!

Rocko