Utracer 6, doesn't work

Datsunwizard

Mar 22, 2024, 2:39:25 PMMar 22
to uTracer
Is there someone who might be able to help with my new Utracer 6? It passed the tests during construction and I completed the cal section fine but it appears not to function for me testing tubes. I tried 6BQ5 and 12AX7. Also there is no bar graph under quick test and it shows run time test error 13 sometimes.

James Hall

Mar 22, 2024, 3:29:12 PMMar 22
to utr...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

For me, my uTracer 6 worked great after I reflowed solder around those big surface-mount inductors - the ones where you have the U-shaped wire on either side to support them. It was an intermittent thing for me as well.

As I recall, I tested with a 12AX7 (which is a double triode IIRC) and you had to set screen voltage to plate voltage, since you are utilizing the the “screen” high voltage side as your second plate. Once you figure out how to hook things up and set the software correctly, it’s magical !

73, Jamie
WB4YDL

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 22, 2024, at 1:39 PM, Datsunwizard <fast...@charter.net> wrote:

Is there someone who might be able to help with my new Utracer 6? It passed the tests during construction and I completed the cal section fine but it appears not to function for me testing tubes. I tried 6BQ5 and 12AX7. Also there is no bar graph under quick test and it shows run time test error 13 sometimes.

theold...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2024, 7:54:54 AMMar 26
to utr...@googlegroups.com

Double check your connections between the board and tube socket. Don’t forget that tube pins are numbered clockwise looking at the bottom of the tube.

Bill v.