Hexode

Johan Bekaert

Mar 6, 2024, 9:25:02 AMMar 6
to utr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
 I'm not a tube expert like many of you, but I like to work on old radio's, and I have a uTracer 3+. Last week a neighbour asked me to have a look on his grandfather's radio, a Philips BX373a (1948).  It has 3 tubes, an EBL21 and 2  ECH21. The LF works thus the EBL is ok. To get the AM working, I suspect the two ECH (=heptode + triode). Problem: as these are old guys, I don't have another one, let alone two, to swap and see. In the uTracer then, but leave the other grids g3,4,5 open? I get a flat zero curve. What am I doing wrong? How do you properly test a heptode or hexode? And the triode in it, as I find absolutely no performance info on the triode? Thanks!
Jo

James Hall

Mar 6, 2024, 1:10:49 PMMar 6
to utr...@googlegroups.com