uTracer3+ hardware changes over the years

Andrzej

Nov 30, 2023, 10:02:15 PM11/30/23
to uTracer
Hi,

I'm new to utracer, and I have the opportunity to acquire a 3+ from 2016 or so rather cheap. I might want to update the PIC anyways, but was wondering if there are other hardware changes that would justify ordering a new kit instead. I couldn't find any specific changelog when it comes to hardware versions / updates on the website.

Many thanks,
Andrzej

Andrzej

Nov 30, 2023, 10:02:30 PM11/30/23
to uTracer
Hi,

I'm new to uTracer, but have the opportunity to acquire uTracer3+ kit from 2016 for the cheap. I'm planning to upgrade the PIC anyways, and was wondering if there were many changes to the hardware since that would warrant purchasing a new kit instead?

Many thanks!

Andrzej

Nov 30, 2023, 10:20:41 PM11/30/23
to uTracer
Sorry for the double posting :)

Martin Manning

Nov 30, 2023, 10:55:35 PM11/30/23
to uTracer
I believe a kit from 2016 will have the 3+ hardware on the v.3 board. Ask the seller if the board says uTracer-v3 or uTracer 3+, and the construction manual version number. I would guess 3.8. Building the 3+ on the v3 board means there will be some piggybacking or under-board mounting of components. There really is no need to upgrade the PIC.

Andrzej

Nov 30, 2023, 11:20:40 PM11/30/23
to uTracer
Thank you for a quick reply. I believe the manual says uTracer3+ V3.7
Judging from what you said, I'm guessing that would mean it is the v3 board?

Martin Manning

Dec 1, 2023, 7:49:46 AM12/1/23
to uTracer
Yes.