Noob question on testing a 7199 tube

Thomas Lund

Mar 7, 2024, 6:38:37 AMMar 7
to uTracer
Hello all.
I have some Lafayette 7199 tubes I like to test, it's a triode/pentode tube, I tested the triode successfully, but I get funny readings on the pentode, I am totally new to tubes so my question is, how to hook it up correctly,
Thanks in advance.
Thomas

theold...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2024, 7:44:43 AMMar 7
to utr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thomas,

Without seeing what you call “funny”, it is very possible your tube is oscillating during the test. It is very common, and discussed in the documentation. In most cases it is easy to fix; take a small toroid core, and wind the grid wire a couple (2 or 3 is usually enough) around it, and try again. Experiment.

Cheers, Bill v.