Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 June Newsletter

yuri sama

Jun 13, 2011, 1:22:42 AM6/13/11
to UTP SEM 2011

View the web version of this email.
Please add eco-mara...@shell.com to your address book to ensure that our emails reach your inbox.

Shell Eco-marathon Asia

In This Issue

Less than 30 days to go

Registration Day

Technical webcast session on Scrutineering and Race Day

The ‘Get to Know You’ Session – Do you have a hidden talent?

Ensure your safety with 4 What’s

Have you sent in your entry for Off-track Awards?

President Aquino Sends Off SEM Team Philippines

Follow us on Twitter!

Mark your diary

Useful Links

subscribe icon

Subscribe

Tell a Friend icon

Tell a friend

Website icon

Visit our website

Archive icon

View past issues

email icon

Contact us

facebook icon

Facebook

Have you finished building your vehicle?

Click here to take our survey.

Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011

June newsletter

Less than 30 days to go

DSC_0397

Greetings everyone! It’s less than 30 days to go as we count down to the second Shell Eco-marathon Asia in July. Judging from the number of technical and non-technical queries that reached our mailbox, we know that most of you are busy concentrating on your preparations. To ensure that you are well prepared, we strongly encourage you to review the checklist that we had featured in the previous newsletter.

If you’ve got a team photo or Facebook page to share, use the registration system to upload the links. You are also encouraged to check your team details in the registration system to ensure all information are accurate.

This month’s issue highlights team registration day, to give you a brief idea on the process and what you need to bring. Also, there will be a second technical webcast, so read on to find out more and don't forget to register.

Registration Day

DSC_0551

On 6 July, the Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 will kick start with student registration which opens at 0900 hrs and scheduled to end at 1900 hrs. Note that registration strictly opens at 0900 hrs and not earlier. Team managers, together with not more than two other team members are responsible for the registration. The remaining team members may proceed to the team garage and start unpacking.  Your team will be given these items upon arrival at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC):

·         Queue numbers on first come first serve basis.

·         Eight wristbands for the official team members to indicate that you are allowed to enter the SIC.

Every team member must attend a safety briefing upon arrival. This briefing will highlight the do’s and don’ts to avoid any unwanted occurrence during the event. This is separate from the daily mandatory briefing for drivers and team managers.

The track familiarisation tour is another important session on the first day. Team managers and drivers will be taken on a tour around the track. Before you arrive at SIC, we urge you to visit the Sepang International Circuit website to learn more about the North Track.

Technical webcast session on Scrutineering and Race Day

DSC_1148

A webcast on the technical inspection process as well as what you need to do during the competition will be held on 15 June 2011. Our technical director, Colin Chin, will also provide some tips on what to bring and what to expect in SIC. This session will be held at 1300 hrs (GMT+8). To register, please send your name, team name, institution and email address to semas...@gmail.com.

The ‘Get to Know You’ Session – Do you have a hidden talent?

DSC_6440

Teams, we want to get to know you better. You are invited to light up our event with a short presentation or performance on any subject of your interest. You can sing, dance or perform a sketch to introduce your team, country and culture. For those who are interested in participating, please write to semas...@gmail.com and tell us what your plans are. Each performer will be given 5 minutes and if you’re using accompanying music please bring along the original music CD.

Ensure your safety with 4 What’s

303_1468

"4 What’s” is an easy to remember guide to ensure your safety. It is not only useful during the Shell Eco-marathon, but in whatever you do and wherever you are.

Before you carry out a task, ask these 4 What questions:

• WHAT can go wrong?
• WHAT can cause it to go wrong?
• WHAT can you do to prevent it from going wrong?
• WHAT can you do if it goes wrong?

If you feel you cannot do your job safely, DON’T DO IT!

Let’s work towards Goal Zero.

Have you sent in your entry for Off-track Awards?

DSC_1445

Take this opportunity and enter your team for one or more off-track awards: Safety, Technical Innovation, Design, and Communications. Teams may register for the awards by completing and returning the corresponding questionnaires. All completed questionnaires must be submitted to semas...@gmail.com by June 22 (extended deadline).

President Aquino Sends Off SEM Team Philippines

UntitledIn the Philippines, President Benigno S. Aquino III wished the Shell Eco-marathon (SEM) Asia 2011 Team Philippines well for the July competition, expressing optimism that the annual event will continue to be an inspiration for more Filipino youth to take courses in Science and Technology to propel national development and progress.

President Aquino received the entire SEM Team Philippines, led by Shell companies in the Philippines Country Chairman Edgar Chua, at the Malacañang Palace in Manila. He engaged with the student teams and even personally signed their vehicle entries, lifting their spirits as they aim to bring pride and honour to the country.

Team Philippines is represented by some of the most talented engineering students and professors in the country’s top universities: De La Salle University, Don Bosco Technical College, Mapua Institute of Technology, Technological Institute of the Philippines, University of the Philippines, and University of Santo Tomas.

What has your team been up to lately? Tell us, and your story may get published in this space!

Follow us on Twitter!

images

The Shell Eco-marathon Asia is now live on Twitter! Follow us @shell_ecomar to keep yourself informed on what the Shell Eco-marathon is up to. We are also interested to know your progress therefore you can upload photos or share your video links there. Keep us posted!

Mark your diary

02E96768

15 June
Webcast on technical scrutineering, and registration process
Closing date for freight forwarding service application form submission
Deadline for change of team manager and driver

22 June
Closing date for off track award submissions

6 July
Official registration for Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011

7-9 July
Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011

Arrowwww.shell.com/ecomarathon/asia

Once again we wish you all the best in your preparations!

Shell Eco-marathon Asia Team

This email was sent to am...@petronas.com.my from Shell
Unsubscribe | Receive in Plain Text | Report Misuse

Created with Newsweaver

DISCLAIMER : This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of PETRONAS or its Group of Companies shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by PETRONAS or any of the companies within the Group.

--
Best Regards,
Mohamad Syahmie Bin Kamsul

nurul razak

Jun 13, 2011, 4:28:00 AM6/13/11
to utp-se...@googlegroups.com
schedule pertandingan,ape sume xde lgi ea?
nk gi usha dgn pakcik bas,
nk buat kan travel schedule skali nih..
huhu..
--