Fwd: FW: Shell Eco-marathon Asia - Programme & Visitor Access

yuri sama

Jun 30, 2011, 9:10:52 PM6/30/11
to UTP SEM 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zainal Ambri B A Karim - Dr (ACADEMIC/UTP) <am...@petronas.com.my>
Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Subject: FW: Shell Eco-marathon Asia - Programme & Visitor Access
To: yuri sama <mitoy...@gmail.com>, yasser...@gmail.com

Dear Team

Please find attach the event programme for your forward planning. The complete SEM Asia 2011 Student Handbook will be uploaded shortly.

Note that the practice track runs begin on Wed, July 6 after 3:00pm so ensure that you arrive early, set-up your vehicle and pass the technical inspection so you can proceed to test your vehicle on track.

Also note if there are additional guests/VIPs who will be visiting you at SIC please follow the instructions below (no exceptions). Please feel free to share with your guests.

Please note that we do not want student teams to use this option for visitors to bring in additional team members into the pit. If we find teams doing this we will ask the additional guests to leave the pits.

Please call me/email me if you need further information.

Thank you.

Access for Guests visiting SEM Asia 2011

Guests – will be registered and provided sticker access tags

1.    VIPs and guests are allowed to visit Sepang International Circuit (SIC) only on 7, 8 & 9 July 2011 from 10:00 – 17:00 daily.

2.    All visitors can watch the event from Paddock Club (PC) 1. This is for their own safety as we do not want them wandering around the pits/track areas as it will pose a safety hazard.

3.    Children must be accompanied by their parents at all times.

4.    Visitors can sign-up for the regular track tours that will be held daily from Paddock Club 1, where they will be taken in small groups on a guided tour by a Shell Ambassador.

5.    All visitors needs to arrange their own transportations to/from SIC as well as their own food/drinks.

6.    Drinks and snacks are available for purchase at PC 1.

7.    We will provide an identification sticker to these guests (to stuck on their t-shirt) once they have registered at Check Point A (at the Paddock Club Entrance) at SIC.

8.    We do not want student teams to use this option for visitors to bring in additional team members into the pit. If we find teams doing this we will ask the additional guests to leave the pits.

9.    Visitors are not allowed to wear slippers/sandals/open-toe shoes during the pit tour.

10.  Smoking is strictly prohibited in SIC and is only allowed at certain designated areas that will be clearly marked.

11.  In the event of an emergency please assemble at the nearest assembly point 1 or 2 (parking lots just before the pit building).