Fwd: FW: Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 April Newsletter

1 view

yuri sama

Apr 14, 2011, 12:59:58 AM4/14/11
to UTP SEM 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Zainal Ambri B A Karim - Dr (ACADEMIC/UTP) <am...@petronas.com.my>
Date: Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Subject: FW: Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 April Newsletter
To: yuri sama <mitoy...@gmail.com>, Yasser Rifemi <yasser...@gmail.com>

From: Shell Eco-marathon Asia [mailto:eco-mara...@shellecomarathon.nw002.com] On Behalf Of Shell Eco-marathon Asia
Sent: 13 April 2011 20:09
To: Zainal Ambri B A Karim - Dr (ACADEMIC/UTP)
Subject: Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 April Newsletter

View the web version of this email.
Please add eco-mara...@shell.com to your address book to ensure that our emails reach your inbox.

Shell Eco-marathon Asia

In This Issue

Just over 80 days to go

Shell’s Safety and the Goal Zero principle

E-Shop is now open!

Calling submissions for Off-Track awards

Electricity Supply in Malaysia

How well are you promoting your team?

A message from the Project Manager, Mavis Kuek

Meet our partner

Mark your diary

Useful Links

subscribe icon

Subscribe

Tell a Friend icon

Tell a friend

Website icon

Visit our website

Archive icon

View past issues

email icon

Contact us

facebook icon

Facebook

Quick Poll

Click here to take our survey.

Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011

April newsletter

Just over 80 days to go

DSC_0478

Hello everyone! With just over 80 days to go, we hope your preparations for Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 have been going well.

You would have received an email from us recently, announcing the final date for any changes to fuel or vehicle type. If you are planning to make any changes, let us know by 15 April.

Some teams have yet to complete the submission of the mandatory documentation. The deadline for this is 31 May. However, if you require a supporting letter for visa application, you will need to send us your team members’ details now.

In this issue, we highlight the opening of the e-shop and the start of submissions for off-track awards.

Be sure to give us your feedback on your preferred menu by participating in the poll. We look forward to hearing from you. Enjoy reading.

Shell’s Safety and the Goal Zero principle

DSC_0978

Safety is our top priority. We aim for zero accidents on site, no incidents and no harm to people particularly during events such as the Shell Eco-marathon, where we work with equipment and tools that may cause injuries. Please read the section on safety in Chapter I and II of the Shell Eco-marathon Asia Official Rules. Also ensure all your team members are well aware of the safety rules before arriving for the event.

E-Shop is now open!

303_1331

The e-shop is now open. Use it to purchase essential materials for your vehicle, such as fuel tanks, tyres and horns.

You will also be able to arrange for freight forwarding services from the e-shop, which is managed by our vendor, ASP. All teams must use this service to avoid any complications, particularly with getting your vehicles through Customs. Teams who choose to make their own arrangements must note that Shell will not be responsible for handling any such complications at the last minute.

Calling submissions for Off-Track awards

303_1331

The Shell Eco-marathon offers you the opportunity to compete on-track as well as off-track. You are invited to put in your submission by 15 June for Off-Track Awards in Safety, Technical Innovation, Communications and Design. Each submission must adhere to the requirements in the entry form.

Electricity Supply in Malaysia

image003

The voltage used in Malaysia is 230/240 volts 50 Hz. Here are some rules to note:

·         Use a transformer/converter if your electrical appliance uses 110/120 volts.

·         Use the wall outlet plug adapters for electrical appliances of 230/240 volts. Malaysia uses the British Standard BS 1363domestic AC power plugs and sockets.

·         Teams will be provided with 13A/240V power outlets in the pits/garages, paddock areas and team common rooms.

·         You are strictly advised to only use ONE electrical appliance per power outlet and to use the proper transformer and/or adaptor.

Any non-compliance by any team with the above shall cause the aforesaid team to be liable to Shell for the sum of USD100 or equivalent currency. Neither Shell, a duly appointed event management company nor Sepang International Circuit shall be liable for any damage caused to any electrical appliances due to any failure to adhere to this rule.

How well are you promoting your team?

303_1952

Promoting your team is not only essential for recognition, but also to secure sponsorship and financial support. If you have not started or need some tips, check out the Communications Guide to make your team stand out from the crowd.

A message from the Project Manager, Mavis Kuek

mavis_thumbnail_130x87

In less than three months, we will be flagging off the Shell Eco-Marathon Asia 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

My advice to you is to be clear about all the safety rules and understand what is involved in the *technical inspection. You can lose valuable points otherwise. Also, secure your funding and arrange for shipping – both ways!

The SEM is also more than a student race.  It’s an opportunity for Shell to work with youths globally to present their innovative and smart mobility solutions for the future.  Besides showcasing the best from your school and country at the SEM, we encourage you to mingle and make friends from all over the region.

On behalf of the 2011 SEM Asia organising committee, we look forward to welcoming you to Kuala Lumpur. See you in July @ Sepang!

*View the technical webcast video and slide pack by Colin Chin, Technical Director.

Meet our partner

SKF-corp-logo-blue

This year we welcome SKF as a Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011 partner. SKF has been a partner of the Shell Eco Marathon since the event first started in Europe in 1985.

The company is the world’s leading supplier of products, solutions and services in the rolling bearing business. They also provide seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. Get to know SKF’s products and solutions.

If you have any questions, meet them through the Shell Eco-marathon Asia Facebook page or email them directly.

Mark your diary

Picture1

15 April
Final date for fuel and vehicle type change

Coming soon
Webcast on safety

31 May

Final date for submission of mandatory documents

June
Webcast on freight forwarding
Webcast on registration and process

6 July
Official registration for Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011

7-9 July
Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2011

Arrowwww.shell.com/ecomarathon/asia

Once again we wish you all the best in your preparations!

Shell Eco-marathon Asia Team

This email was sent to am...@petronas.com.my from Shell
Unsubscribe | Receive in Plain Text | Report Misuse

Created with Newsweaver

DISCLAIMER : This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of PETRONAS or its Group of Companies shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by PETRONAS or any of the companies within the Group.

--
Best Regards,
Mohamad Syahmie Bin Kamsul