CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+8 don't work

Sascha Nemeth

Dec 20, 2016, 2:08:13 PM12/20/16
to UtilFr
Hello,

I try to port my Apple OSX Hotkeys (customized there, too) to Windows and looking for a good hotkey tool to solve this issue. In OSX I use Better Touch Tool to change/create the Hotkeys (which you can see in the image below).
Under Windows I worked a long time with AutoIT (many more hotkeys for mac-like hotkeys), but since Windows 10 my script don't work really well and I got problems to port the hotkeys you can see in my screenshot.

I tried now some free and paid solutions for Windows, but until yet Clavier+ is the nearest I could get. ( Most paid solutions, often doesn't recognized ALT+CTRL (AltGr) keybindings )

Clavier+ recognizing all hotkeys, except one: ALTGR + SHIFT + 8 also known as CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+8

What could be the reason for this?

Greetings,
Sascha Nemeth

Guillaume

Dec 23, 2016, 7:31:36 PM12/23/16
to UtilFr
Hi,

The Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 8 shortcut works fine on my computer (Win 10, US English keyboard), so I guess it's an issue specific to your configuration.

Perhaps does your computer have a program -- other than Clavier+ -- that captures Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 8?
Or for some reason the German keyboard or Win 10 version does not support that shortcut.

Cheers,
Guillaume