Next release date

Silvio Clecio

Feb 28, 2017, 11:11:41 PM2/28/17
to uthash

Hello masters,

Is there plan to releasing a new release? It seems many important fixes was done since last one. :-)

Thank you!

--

Silvio Clecio

Arthur O'Dwyer

Mar 1, 2017, 3:47:09 PM3/1/17
to uth...@googlegroups.com
Hm. "Releasing a new release" is actually just a matter of bumping the version number in the headers and documentation and making a tag in git, so it's very easy. I had been planning to tag a new release right after merging https://github.com/troydhanson/uthash/pull/101, whenever I find time to do that; but maybe I'll bump up the priority now.

The actually Changelog-worthy patches since v2.0.1 was tagged seem to be:
- Support for platforms without memcmp or strlen in uthash.h (614b6a5)
- Support for C++ in utringbuffer.h (2ca1036)
- Support for platforms where (size_t=/=unsigned) in utstring.h (85f3db0)
- Fix a segfault in HASH_ADD_KEYPTR_INORDER in uthash.h (13723b1)

Arthur O'Dwyer

Mar 2, 2017, 2:50:51 PM3/2/17
to uth...@googlegroups.com
Tagged v2.0.2!  (Without the above-mentioned PR. But I hope to get to that today.)

silvioprog

Mar 4, 2017, 10:06:40 PM3/4/17
to uth...@googlegroups.com
Hello Arthur, thanks a lot for fast answer. :-)

I'm developing a C REST API library and I'm pleased to say uthash is on its most important dependence. :-) I'm very excited with uthash, utarray and utstring because their API are very easy to use, and I integrated they to my library without any external installation.

I linked uthash to my repository using git sub-modules, but as soon as I release some stable version I'll need to distribute a uthash release instead of this sub-module, so thanks for releasing it.

I'm going to use uthash in production, so if I got some doubt/problem/improvement I'll let you know.

Thank you!
--
Silvio Clécio

Arthur O'Dwyer

Mar 6, 2017, 5:14:49 PM3/6/17
to uth...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome, Silvio! Let me know if you see anything suboptimal about uthash for your use case. :)

–Arthur