Problems in compiling

AJ

Jul 5, 2009, 5:32:22 PM7/5/09
to UTGB Users
I have problems in compiling my newly initialized project. I am using
MS VISTA 64 bit OS. The command prompt shows the following error
message when i type 'utgb compile' command in my project folder:

'utgb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have installed the latest version of Java JDK (v1.6.0_02) and
checked my JAVA_HOME variable too. I have no problems of creating
project. I do not understand what the problem would be. Kindly help me
out.

Ajay.

Taro L. Saito

Jul 5, 2009, 7:37:10 PM7/5/09
to utgb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi AJ,

When you type 'utgb' in the command prompt and nothing appears,
probably, your PATH environment variable is not properly set
to the directoly where utgb is unpacked.

If your PATH variable is correct, you need to logout, and then login to
make the variable effective in Windows.

I am not sure whether your problem is specific to 'utgb compile'
command or not. Do other commands, e.g. 'utgb create', work?

--
Taro L. Saito
<l...@xerial.org>

AJ

Jul 5, 2009, 11:57:03 PM7/5/09
to UTGB Users
Dear Dr.Saito,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I noticed that the a new folder is
created when I enter the "utgb create *filename*" command. But when I
compile I get the message as stated earlier. I just did some
troubleshooting myself and I found tat if I copy all the contents
(config,db,eclipse etc) of the newly created folder to the bin folder
containing utgb.bat file, the compiling seems to work and everything
goes on fine. But that would hinder me from creating multiple folders.
Do tell me your suggestions.

Ajay.

On Jul 5, 7:37 pm, "Taro L. Saito" <l...@cb.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi AJ,
>
> When you type 'utgb' in the command prompt and nothing appears,
> probably, your PATH environment variable is not properly set
> to the directoly where utgb is unpacked.
>
> If your PATH variable is correct,  you need to logout, and then login to
> make the variable effective in Windows.
>
> I am not sure whether your problem is specific to 'utgb compile'
> command or not. Do other commands, e.g. 'utgb create', work?
>
> --
> Taro L. Saito
> <l...@xerial.org>
> University of Tokyohttp://www.xerial.org/leo
> Tel.+81-47-136-4065(64065)

Taro L. Saito

Jul 6, 2009, 12:24:22 AM7/6/09
to utgb-...@googlegroups.com
If you are using command prompt in Windows, type the following command:

> PATH

to confirm that utgb-shell/bin folder is in your PATH environment
variable. Setting PATH variable correctly is necessary
to invoke utgb commands from arbitrary folder locations.

Another way to solve your problem is to use the absolute path to the
utgb command:

(your utgb project folder)> c:\utgb-shell-1.x.x\bin\utgb.bat compile

--
Taro L. Saito
<l...@xerial.org>