Study Session for Thursday's Exam

Nick Luchsinger

Feb 8, 2010, 4:04:07 PM2/8/10
to utexas-cs313...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

To help you prepare for your upcoming exam, ACM has reserved the Taylor Hall Faculty Lounge (TAY 3.128) for a group study session tomorrow (Tuesday) from 7-9pm.  If you're familiar with ACM's typical "review sessions", this is a bit different.  Rather than a lecture-style Q&A session, we're simply providing two things: a nice studying-oriented room with plenty of tables, and a few tutors to help answer questions 1-on-1.  We've found that, if simply put into the same room, students collaborate very well together and can often resolve many more specific questions than they could at a review session in which only one point can be addressed at a time.

As with most ACM events, you do not need to be an ACM member to attend--everyone is welcome. Furthermore, you needn't be there for the full two hours--feel free to come and go as you please.

Hope to see you there!

Nick

Nick Luchsinger

Mar 30, 2010, 5:55:56 PM3/30/10
to utexas-cs313...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

To help you prepare for your upcoming exam, ACM has reserved the Taylor Hall Faculty Lounge (TAY 3.128) for a group study session tomorrow (Wednesday) from 8-10pm.  If you're familiar with ACM's typical "review sessions", this is a bit different.  Rather than a lecture-style Q&A session, we're simply providing two things: a nice studying-oriented room with plenty of tables, and a few tutors to help answer questions 1-on-1.  We've found that, if simply put into the same room, students collaborate very well together and can often resolve many more specific questions than they could at a review session in which only one point can be addressed at a time.