Group Forum Guidlines

uta...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2008, 11:53:30 AM2/11/08
to UTAMBA
Dear UTAMBA Google group member,

In an effort to better serve you, the following guideline will go into
effect today regarding posting:
Please note that in this forum, some members do not have the ability
to sign into the website. As such, all they get are emails when you
post something. Therefore, each post must be able to stand-alone. If
you are relying in your post on another persons post (as a response to
their post), that is OK, but you must include the original post in
your reply.
Please be very clear in what you write. Avoid acronyms and don't
assume anyone knows what you are talking about.
This forum is going to be around to help following cohorts, and in
order for it to be helpful to them, the information must be clear and
stand on its own.
I realize this will take a little more time before you post, but it
will not only help the 28 members of the forum we have now, but
hundreds of other members who will follow in our footsteps.
Your cooperation in this matter will allow this group to continue un-
moderated, thereby avoiding delay in your communication with the
group.

Please note there are now other forum guidelines on the home page at
http://groups.google.com/group/utamba .
I will mention the other guidelines here for the members who don't
have web access to the group:
- Don't post anything you don't want to be around for a long, long
time and want professors to see.
- All forum activity must comply with the intent of the UTA Handbook
of Operating Procedures (HOP). http://policy.uta.edu/index.php?resid=15336