Need part time PHP and Python consultant ASAP

Bruce Boyes

Sep 2, 2016, 12:03:39 PM9/2/16
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

We have a current need for someone to help with an old legacy PHP app running on Windows XP (it might also run in the stores on an old Windows Server version).

We got it running on an old XP machine but now want to move the PHP to a Windows 10 platform with current PHP, Apache, MySQL versions, and add some debugging output (the current code has zero and sometimes just quietly fails). There may be some bugs/quirks to fix also. There is essentially no documentation other than some brief end-user usage instructions, nothing useful to maintainers or installers. In the field sometimes it works and sometimes not, so we are told.

The current version is Apache 2.0.53.0 and the PHP and MySQL (I think) versions that came with it back in 2005. The client app runs in a browser and sets up the configuration of a remote system connected by Ethernet. These systems are on a local subnet in retail stores nationwide.

We are developing embedded control system hardware which runs a temperature control system and also can connect to this "backoffice" system for monitoring and configuration.

We need to get the current PHP system slightly improved and fix some bugs, but would like any new work to be in Python.

Please contact me by email or Google Voice: 801-980-1017

Thanks

Bruce Boyes
Systronix Inc