Utah Python July 2015 Meetup: Flask by Bruce Boyes

Clint Savage

Jul 7, 2015, 3:41:14 PM7/7/15
to Utah Python List
Bruce Boyes will be at the Utah Python meeting this week. He'll speak on what he has learned about flask. Come prepared with good questions to ask.
See you all there!

Cheers,

herlo

Bruce Boyes

Jul 10, 2015, 2:46:43 PM7/10/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all who attended for going easy on me last night and for helping get the demo working!

My next goal is reading some sensor such as temp/humidity and displaying that in the flask view. And actually understanding flask a little.

Bruce

Bruce Boyes

Jul 10, 2015, 2:59:02 PM7/10/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Actually I was rather amazed that virtualenv and flask would run just fine on the little $55 Beaglebone Black, using only 38 MB of RAM and 15% or less of the CPU. Those totals include Apache2 which was there by accident.

BBB has the dual 32-bit PRU cores which can be running something hard realtime independently of the main core... though I don't know how they communicate.

For the interested here is a detailed info page on BBB

Bruce