Help - Yellow bird

Alice Sikorski

Jun 6, 2022, 7:30:12 PM6/6/22
to UtahBirdsHotline
Help - we've got a yellow bird at our hummingbird feeder - drinking the syrup. None of our bird books seem to have this bird. Does anyone recognize it?100_9411.JPG it?

Stephen T Carlile

Jun 6, 2022, 7:31:27 PM6/6/22
to Alice Sikorski, UtahBirdsHotline

A female Bullock’s Oriole.  They like sugar water and  the like.

Stephen

Sent from Mail for Windows

Jun 6, 2022, 9:42:10 PM6/6/22
to Stephen T Carlile, Alice Sikorski, UtahBirdsHotline
I’ve seen them sip from orange halves. Dick Hurren used to feed them in Corinne.

Best regards,

Lyle

Lyle W. Bingham

Mobile:  +1.435-512-9516

lyle.b...@gmail.com

On Jun 6, 2022, at 5:31 PM, Stephen T Carlile <CARL...@msn.com> wrote:

A female Bullock’s Oriole.  They like sugar water and  the like.

Stephen

Sent from Mail for Windows

Help - we've got a yellow bird at our hummingbird feeder - drinking the syrup. None of our bird books seem to have this bird. Does anyone recognize it?it?

Cliff and Lisa Weisse

Jun 6, 2022, 10:00:42 PM6/6/22
to utahbird...@googlegroups.com

This doesn't look like a Bullock's Oriole to me. The bill may be abnormally large but the body is extensively yellow and the tail looks really long. I'm pretty weak on Orioles but it might be a female Hooded Oriole?

Cliff

On 6/6/22 05:31PM, Stephen T Carlile wrote:

A female Bullock’s Oriole.  They like sugar water and  the like.

Stephen

Sent from Mail for Windows

Help - we've got a yellow bird at our hummingbird feeder - drinking the syrup. None of our bird books seem to have this bird. Does anyone recognize it? it?

Stephanie Greenwood

Jun 6, 2022, 10:18:00 PM6/6/22
to Cliff and Lisa Weisse, utahbird...@googlegroups.com
Agreed that this looks more like a Hooded with that long curved bill and long tail. Where is the location of this sighting?

Sent one-handed from my iPhone