Transponder Testing In April - Morgan County

David Cleveland

Mar 22, 2023, 12:03:41 PM3/22/23
to Utah Soaring
A couple of people have expressed a desire to have a transponder testing day at Morgan. Don Young from AvTech Services will travel to Morgan from Skypark Airport in Bountiful to perform the tests. The date is yet to be determined. Most likely in the last two weeks of the month.

Currently there are three gliders signed up for the test. Does anyone else want to participate?

David

Moises Romero

Mar 22, 2023, 12:09:01 PM3/22/23
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
I’d love to, any chance he could make a Nephi stop?.. otherwise it’s a 4+ hr return drive for us Nephi folk

Thanks!,

Moises

On Mar 22, 2023, at 11:03, David Cleveland <david.s....@gmail.com> wrote:

A couple of people have expressed a desire to have a transponder testing day at Morgan. Don Young from AvTech Services will travel to Morgan from Skypark Airport in Bountiful to perform the tests. The date is yet to be determined. Most likely in the last two weeks of the month.

Currently there are three gliders signed up for the test. Does anyone else want to participate?

David

John Ackerson

Mar 22, 2023, 12:16:30 PM3/22/23
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
Beth Ann is setting up a check in Heber on May 7th too.

Bruno Vassel

Mar 22, 2023, 12:43:33 PM3/22/23
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
We also use Flight Deck Avionics 801-364-4990 on the east side of the SLC airport.  Jared has a portable device that he can take out to the ship.  We often use the GA parking lot by his shop and just pull out our gliders from the trailer there.  Steve R. and I are on the same schedule and usually do it together.  My ship is in CA for the early part of the season so it might be best to coordinate with Steve Rathburn to do it together with him.

Bruno

Moises Romero

Mar 22, 2023, 1:03:25 PM3/22/23
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
Copy, thanks!.

Are annuals being set-up for this year in Nephi?

David Cleveland

Mar 22, 2023, 1:14:58 PM3/22/23
to Utah Soaring
Moises, the best guys to talk to for ease of testing at Nephi is Flight Deck Avionics in Provo. I know they've come down in the past.

KU

Mar 25, 2023, 12:16:20 PM3/25/23
to utah-s...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gang,
Flight Deck also has a Provo office. They were at Spanish one day and I got both of my planes done in one day. The guy's name is John and he said he could do Nephi. It is a 40 minute drive for him so the more the merrier.