Bylaw Change - Board Vacancies

Brad Alston

Feb 27, 2022, 6:58:24 PM2/27/22
to Utah Soaring
The proposed wording is " …Any vacancy in the Board of Directors occurring before an annual meeting may filled for the time until the next annual meeting…"

Why would we need to include "occurring before an annual meeting"? Anytime there is a Board vacancy, we would already be in a condition of being before an annual meeting (the next one). An interim Board Member could be appointed until the next annual meeting...at which time the Board Member position filled by an appointee could be voted on by the general membership.

Suggested modification to the proposed wording:

4.5 Vacancies. Any vacancy in the Board of Directors may be filled until the next annual meeting by a majority vote of the remaining Directors.

Bret Hess

Feb 28, 2022, 9:52:30 AM2/28/22
to Brad Alston, Utah Soaring
That does sound simpler.  We're also considering to make another change: "...until the next membership meeting..." because the board can call more than one meeting a year.