Hoytsville airport as landout site

Bret Hess

Jul 10, 2021, 12:15:04 AM7/10/21
to Utah Soaring
Has anyone visited or overflown the Hoytsville private airport?   How useful would that be for a landout vs landing in  Hoytsville farmer fields?

Bret

KU

Jul 10, 2021, 2:18:23 PM7/10/21
to Bret Hess, Utah Soaring
Brett,
Hoytsville is a little private strip carved into the side of a hill. Looks one way in and out. When I flew out of Morgan alot the rumor was that the owner didn't like gliders. You might ask around next time you are there. It also looks like with the wind in the valley it would be cross most of the time. I've been low in that area before and there are landable fields but it depends on which ones are recently harvested or planted.
Kirk

On Sat, Jul 10, 2021, 00:15 Bret Hess <bret...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone visited or overflown the Hoytsville private airport?   How useful would that be for a landout vs landing in  Hoytsville farmer fields?

Bret

drt...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2021, 6:51:41 PM7/10/21
to KU, Bret Hess, Utah Soaring

Given the option (and requirement to land), I’d likely aim for the alfalfa fields at Henefer.  Been there before, farmers are amused, and overall, a good landing-out experience….

Dan

Bret Hess

Jul 10, 2021, 7:44:55 PM7/10/21
to Utah Soaring, KU